Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Violet,
Please cherish these wonderful moments with your son! I know you will! My son is 40 years old and I can still remember those special times when we cuddled and he babbled about his world! You are so special and your son is lucky!

From Vicki :)

I remember, too!

David:)

·
Super Moderator
6,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
He's not quite walking but he's working on it. He still adores the birds. He gets so much joy from watching them run around. Here he is enjoying a good book 😂

Attachments

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
So much fun watching him grow up, those are some lucky birds you have there

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Oh, my! He is a doll and I am not just saying this to be nice. He looks a lot like you, Violet! ( and that's a compliment!). One day, you will turn around in your kitchen and your son will be standing next to you. As he looks lovingly down at you, he will say, " Mom. Do you have the keys to the car? " You will wonder...." It only seems like yesterday that he was a baby! "...and you will feel all the love in the world when you give him a hug! I know this...I've been there with my son! You and your family are truly Blessed!

David and Vicki....

·
Super Moderator
6,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Oh, my! He is a doll and I am not just saying this to be nice. He looks a lot like you, Violet! ( and that's a compliment!). One day, you will turn around in your kitchen and your son will be standing next to you. As he looks lovingly down at you, he will say, " Mom. Do you have the keys to the car? " You will wonder...." It only seems like yesterday that he was a baby! "...and you will feel all the love in the world when you give him a hug! I know this...I've been there with my son! You and your family are truly Blessed!

David and Vicki....
Thanks Dave, isn't it funny that he ended up with the same name as you? Lol
Although we don't call him Dave we always use the full name David that is my preference, have you ever had a preference or did you find growing up people had the tendency to shorten it? Usually when we meet people I just tell them please call him David not Dave but I know as he gets older he can decide for himself. It is extremely hard for me to imagine him growing up just seeing him one year old is crazy I am cherishing every moment knowing he is not going to be a baby forever

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Hi!.... David is what people called me as a child. When I became a teenager, I wanted to still be called David. But, I found out as I made good friends, the friends who were the closest to me called me Dave. I took this as to be a sign of a very close and endearing friendship. My wife has always referred to me as " David " when she talked to our friends, but " Dave " when talking to family or very close friends. She called me ' Lovey or Dave ' when we were alone.
My last name, Miller, is common and so is David. In 7th grade, there were 5 David Miller's in my English class! No joke! We had fun with the teacher when she called out the name, David. We would all answer!

My first girlfriend called me " Beloved " (the meaning of the Hebrew name, David).
I know one thing, your son has an easy name to remember! Teachers yelled out my name right away!

Keep a life journal on your son. I did with Greg, my son. He asked me if he could borrow it and I said, " As long as I get it back! " He reads it to his wife, Sarah, and Sarah told me that she wished her parents kept a journal on her life. It is fascinating to read about what you did at age 9 or 10. I have been Blessed!

Your son is a very lucky little boy:love:

David and Vicki

·
Super Moderator
6,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Hi!.... David is what people called me as a child. When I became a teenager, I wanted to still be called David. But, I found out as I made good friends, the friends who were the closest to me called me Dave. I took this as to be a sign of a very close and endearing friendship. My wife has always referred to me as " David " when she talked to our friends, but " Dave " when talking to family or very close friends. She called me ' Lovey or Dave ' when we were alone.
My last name, Miller, is common and so is David. In 7th grade, there were 5 David Miller's in my English class! No joke! We had fun with the teacher when she called out the name, David. We would all answer!

My first girlfriend called me " Beloved " (the meaning of the Hebrew name, David).
I know one thing, your son has an easy name to remember! Teachers yelled out my name right away!

Keep a life journal on your son. I did with Greg, my son. He asked me if he could borrow it and I said, " As long as I get it back! " He reads it to his wife, Sarah, and Sarah told me that she wished her parents kept a journal on her life. It is fascinating to read about what you did at age 9 or 10. I have been Blessed!

Your son is a very lucky little boy:love:

David and Vicki
Dave you won't believe this 😂 I did start a journal but I didn't like it so I wanted to start a new one, and when you said that I was thinking "I will do that" and today out of the blue my friend gave me a "dear son" journal! It's sectioned off all the way to age 18 with prayers and places for stories and milestones

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Someone up there loves you! You remember when Bogie passed away? I felt like I lost my Heart! I was so...empty that I did not know what to do! This forum helped me more than anyone could imagine! Then, one day, in my mailbox, I found a nicely wrapped up box from Barbara ( Kpenguins). In that box was a book....a journal for Bogie AFTER he had passed! It was/is a remarkable book that helped me get through my pain. It had things like...Describe the best time you had with your pet...or, What was the funniest thing your pet ever did? etc.... That book kept me alive with Bogie. Then, I added that book with reading Bogie's life journal and the results were amazing! Bogie's journal had everything. It was as if he was still alive when I read it. I called Barbara and thanked her for that book. It was a key part of my life. When I added my Prayers to God about Bogie, I came out of my depression.

Violet, you wrote down something in this forum that is one of the most powerful sentences ever written in this forum!
It is Job 12 verse 10! "In His hand is the life of every creature, and the breath of all mankind! " How true. Thankx!

May God Richly Bless You and Yours.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Someone up there loves you! You remember when Bogie passed away? I felt like I lost my Heart! I was so...empty that I did not know what to do! This forum helped me more than anyone could imagine! Then, one day, in my mailbox, I found a nicely wrapped up box from Barbara ( Kpenguins). In that box was a book....a journal for Bogie AFTER he had passed! It was/is a remarkable book that helped me get through my pain. It had things like...Describe the best time you had with your pet...or, What was the funniest thing your pet ever did? etc.... That book kept me alive with Bogie. Then, I added that book with reading Bogie's life journal and the results were amazing! Bogie's journal had everything. It was as if he was still alive when I read it. I called Barbara and thanked her for that book. It was a key part of my life. When I added my Prayers to God about Bogie, I came out of my depression.

Violet, you wrote down something in this forum that is one of the most powerful sentences ever written in this forum!
It is Job 12 verse 10! "In His hand is the life of every creature, and the breath of all mankind! " How true. Thankx!

May God Richly Bless You and Yours.

Dave
Thanks Dave, definitely one of my favorite verses. Awe Barb is so sweet!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Oh wow a year already!! I can’t believe it! And what a darling picture! :love: How was the day?? Decades later and my mom still talks about how on my first birthday I cried when they took the ripped up wrapping paper away, and on my sister’s she got so excited she threw up.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts