Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Kathy,

Do you cover Nemo's cage at night? He should be sleeping at 1AM. This might explain his crankyness ;) .

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
794 Posts
When Bitsey Jo hears the keys click on the computer she starts calling me to come and get her. lol I She really isn't any trouble at all in fact most times you don't know she is around..she's a good little girl.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Kathy,

My mistake - I'm on the east coast so your post was listed based on my time zone EST.

By the way, if you really want Nemo to go nuts, take a plastic grocery bad and rub it around between your hands - that's the ultimate stimulator for my birds! :D

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Art - thats the best fun :D
Mine goes nuts also - and now he's started with the Harrison's Pellet bag - shake that and the same thing :p

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yes, Kathy - they can be loud. Bitsy is very loud, even though he has all the required elements for parrotlets (and some things above the minimum requirements). His loudness really gets to me. I think they are just individuals - some louder than others. He's surely louder than I'd planned for!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can understand what you mean by loud!
If i come home from school or work, Kai is just screeching whenever he hears my voice! And if I leave the room and don't take him with me... not a pretty sound!
I guess they just really want to be with you 24/7 :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm trying to read a 300 page book and then write a paper on it but I can't concentrate because Nemo is screaming bloody murder. OK, not that bad, but he's in his cage and he's NOT happy about it and is definitely letting us know that :rolleyes: What am I ever gonna do with him.

I just don't believe it when I read on the internet that they're good apartment pets because, well...if I had grumpy neighbors, I would've probably gotten evicted already! LOL.

Anyone else with LOUD birds on here?
Good apartment pets!! Ha! Baby can be super loud and scream whenever she wants something. I live on the third (top) floor and luckly we don't have a neighbor on the side where her cage is.

I guess she gets bored and wants to come out, but sometimes I am just to busy. I take her out everyday, but I think she gets in a bratty mood like little nemo.

She has been a lot better lately since I got her a tiki hut.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Chipper is quiet most of the time. We have a nice routine. She gets excited when I uncover her in the morning, I take her out. She sits on me as I make her breakfast. She is quiet the rest of the time. We have a quiet home, my doggie is quiet too.

I make sure she gets lots of sleep under a cover and she gets a long nap in the afternoon.

Parrotlets can get excited and overtired. I have learned to read her really well. I think girls are more quiet a lot of time also.

Azale, here is a coconut and a Tiki hut.

If you have heard other parrots, Parrotlets are very quiet. There are quakers at Petco and even when I put my fingers in my ears, they RING when I leave. They are just "talking" to each other, but it is LOUD. Even the Tiels are are loud.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts