Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does Jack sound like a monkey sometimes? His monkey chirps are very distinct from the rest of his mad plea for attention chirps. He usually chirps like that when he's a little calm, like when he's in my hair.

Also, when he's quiet, he does this grinding sound with his beak. I've heard it before but I haven't had a pet bird in over a decade so I'm not sure why he does that.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
The grinding is completely normal - they do this when they are very very content and also before going to sleep at night. Its a good sign.

The monkey noise we'd need to hear - maybe you can video him doing it? :eek:

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Oh! The monkey sounds are ADORABLE. Chipper does them all the time. Like a little tiny chimp! She is very happy when she makes this sound.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
oooo..... ooo. aughh. I hate those very high pitched screaming noises. Kiwi either does it for 4 things.

1. take me back to my cage
2. I want fresh food
3. take me with you!
4. I want that!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would love to record him make the monkey noise if there was ever a convenient opportunity! I also lack the hardware to do so. Regardless, I'm glad that so far the cute monkey noises are good signs for everyone else's parrotlet. Makes a little more sense now :)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
O! Kiwi's monkeysounds are cute. When I rub his neck and feathers... he makes a little monkey sound.... When he is playing with toys... yeap! He is making that sound! :D

I just don't like his high-pitched chirps and screeches.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Does that boing sound sound like a bit of a low "growl boing?" Like a bit metalic? Chipper does that sometimes.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
:) ha. It is so hard to describe the sounds. They are so cute. Chipper is on my shoulder making sweet sounds and kissing her when I ask for a kiss. I ask for a kiss and she kisses me. She makes duck quacks for me when I ask her to. She is a HOOT. She is now making the metalic boing or guitar string sound, so funny.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts