Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised here are a few quick shots of Milo that I took this morning. Perching on the toothbrushes in the bathroom and playing with the birdie in the mirror is one of his favorite things. He also loves to sit on the windowsill soaking up the sun and watching the goings on outside. He's on the second story, so he has a nice birds eye view of things from there.

I'm going to have to ask you to excuse the dirty mirror and windows!

Jeremy

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Jeremy – Milo is a really nice looking P’let – He is in really good feather and his colors are gorgeous. Great Pictures!

Didn’t notice the windows or mirror until you brought it up :D :p

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Jeremy,

Great shots and Milo looks like a great bird!

i also wouldn't have noticed the mirror and windows without you mentioning it ;) . My birds like to throw their food against the windows so our windows are dirty even though my wife cleans them regularly.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
794 Posts
i think he is very very cute... very!...his little eyes were closed..Sleepy? or camera shy? Not many people have such a wonderful toothbrush ornament.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Pado said:
Milo is a really nice looking P’let – He is in really good feather and his colors are gorgeous.

Based on the amount of time he spends grooming himself I'd say that he certainly thinks so!

memmey said:
i think he is very very cute... very!...his little eyes were closed..Sleepy? or camera shy? Not many people have such a wonderful toothbrush ornament.
I think it was just the flash that was making him close his eyes. He loves perching on those toothbrushes so much that we finally started keeping ours in the drawer and I bought several toothbrushes to go in the holder just for him. I love the little guy and all, but I'm not crazy about the idea of him pooping on my toothbrush!

Jeremy

P.S. - I read somewhere that it's a good idea to leave windows and mirrors dirty until a bird adjusts to their surroundings. That way they can see the glass and they don't hurt themselves. Yep. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I read somewhere that it's a good idea to leave windows and mirrors dirty until a bird adjusts to their surroundings. That way they can see the glass and they don't hurt themselves. Yep. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
:D :D :D

I'll have to remember that one - does it also apply to dirty dishes :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Jeremy,

As I assume your toothbrushes are in the bathroom, make sure everyone in your household is in the habit of lowering the toilet lid. Believe it or not, falling in the toilet is a common cause of death for birds!

And now back to our regularly scheduled oooing and ahhing at Milo's good looks ;) .

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ArtS said:
As I assume your toothbrushes are in the bathroom
Why would you assume that? :D

Actually that's our master bath, and the toilet is in it's own little room. It's more like a closet actually. Anyway, we keep that door closed all the time. I appreciate the warning though!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
What sweet pictures! What a cutie. Yes, nothing like close ups to show anything on a window or glass. ha. No worries! We are just looking at your birdie. OK, I also looked at the tile behind the toothbrushes. What kind is it? Looks pretty.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Don't you think that Milo looks alot like Chipper. They both have the thick feather coat and simular little faces.....What variety are they???? So cute. By the way how mnay varieties are there? Are they all from the ame regions they're not are they?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Memmey,

Before Sparky started plucking he looked very similar to milo. Ellen gave him vitamins which I think helped the plumage and he looked especially good after we washed him.

Do you give Bitsey Jo showers?

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
794 Posts
What???she washes her bangs...lol ...I spray her occasionally but she is not real excited about it. I'm thinking I will start the trip to the sink with her and see what she does...she is really scarey about alot of stuff.

My friend Sparky, I feel partial to him and Nemo...don't know why.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Memmey,

Sparky is just like a little kid, he HATES bathtime! I now put both of them in one of their old cages (with the sliding bottom removed so the water drains) and spray them with a hand held shower sprayer with the water set just slightly luke warm. I do my best to keep the water out of their noses beaks and ears. Then my wife wraps them in blankets and cuddles with them until they are dry and completely preened - they may not like the shower but I think they love the cuddling :D .

Next time I plan to use Pado's suggestion of a slightly cool shower.

We also regularly set up baths for then, which they like.

Regards,

Art S.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts