Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Thanks Sally and everyone. It seems Art and his wife and I have some big worries right now. Yesterday Skeeter lost his eyesight and I guess it won't be too long now. The vet says his little liver isnot functioning and the pressure has caused his retina's to probably detach. I thought you might like to see the best boy I ever knew. This was taken Saturday and he has been blind since Tuesday. He still looks like my puppy to me....

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Memmery,

I read about Skeeter in the Sparky adventure thread. I am so very sorry for you and Skeeter. He looks like a really sweet dog. You and Skeeter are in my thoughts.

Best Wishes,

Art S.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Memmey - sorry about Skeeter. It's so hard. I can still remember the loss of my former, precious dog. It was just so very hard. Will be keeping you in my prayers.

·
Registered
373 Posts
:(

Skeeter is precious. Mem, I can only imagine what you must be going through right now. Give him lots of hugs and kisses for me.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Memmey – sorry I posted about Skeeter in the Sparky trend also –

Skeeter is absolutely adorable and I know he’s had a great life with you – and you’re right, they always look like puppies no matter how old they get – I have a Rat Terrier that going on 13 .. - 14 hummm I can’t seem to remember right now – but anyhow no matter how old Hank gets he still looks like a pup to me - and acts like one too :)

Like I said in my previous post – Skeeter is lucky to have you, especially now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
O Memmey, how sad this is! How helpless you must feel... Love him as much as you can in this time he's still with you and go trough all nice memory's with him that you share.
And a big hug for you from afar...

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hey Art, thanks...well I just called the Vet after I closed the salon a little while ago and told her that I didn't want any X-ray and that I would like to just make him comfortable and I wasn't ready yet. I told the receptionist that I wan't trying to be cheap but why put him through anything else. I'm afraid to put him in the car, I hope I don't hurt him. My orginal vet I respect was out of town when I went to the one I am at now, so I called the original ones daughter and explained the situation and her Dad will be the one to let him go when it is time. Art I'm gonna post a photo of a shelf in my house and look at Skeet when he was young, he was so handsome. How's my friend Sparky? Sweet little crazy Sparky, he not a parrotlet,he's a DoeDoe bird now. Thanks for checking , things will be funny again one day...darkly funny, but funny.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Memmey,

Don't forget to check the Sparky thread; you are getting more sympathy comments there :) .

Hang in there,

Art S.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Thanks Sally, you and everyone here are so kind. I took him to the vet this morning and we will continue the meds and just wait. You know I can cry and cry over this or I can make the choice to celebrate a life well lived. He was handsome and a serious protector and very very benvolent to the other 3,they love him as much as my son and I do. He was funny in private and yet the meter readers had GREAT respect for the fence between them and Skeet. He was a huge heart with ears and a tail. Thanks everyone for allowing me to post about him.......Jo wasn't afraid of him either.

·
Registered
133 Posts
So Memmey, how are you and Skeet in the meanwhile?
(I've been on holidays lateley so I don't hope I'm asking painfull or stupid questions because I've missed something...)

·
Registered
794 Posts
I wondered where you had been, Thanks Marjet, Skeet is still hanging on. He gets 80 miligrams of lasix and one heart pill a day. He lost his sight and is finally kinda figuring out his way in the yard. I guess he will just go on till whenever. I have think I have just to stop grieving and let life take it's course. Not much else to do. He cries alot but not in pain I think it is bewilderment about his sight.
My family has been visiting for about 4 days and we( the pets and me) are anxious to get our routine back, and I want to put my things back in order. I love my family and the visit but we are tired. I'm not cooking for a month, I probably won't have to , lots of left over food and .....cake. LOL
Glad your back, how's life for you? where did you say you went?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Memmey - Thats great to hear the update on Skeet - I'm glad he is doing well and not in any pain - Animals are amazing that way, minus any pain they adapt very well to the hand dealt them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
how's life for you? where did you say you went?
First: good luck in coping with the situation for the two of you. Must be a bit of both => happy to have Skeet still hangin' around and painfull to see him being like he is...
Or am I wrong?

We went camping in Slovenië, wich is eastern Europe. Was wonderfull though we had Bibi staying with a friend of mine. She's great with all sorts of parrots and spoiled Bibi further for what unspoiled parts where still there (is this english to be understood? :eek:)
She (Bibi) was calling after us when we left her and I've been feeling guilty until the German/Austrian border...
You should have seen her when we picked her up two weeks later! It was a joy to be together again :D and she's never let us out of sight ever since! She's quite bossy and talkative since where back home and obvious very happy to be at her old place again.
How could we ever have lived whithout her... :p
Sorry to go off topic, but you asked and I didn't know where to put it otherwise ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts