Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

Meet our new P'let!

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Melanie 
#1 ·
Sorry for the crappy pic, we just picked this little guy up 😁

We had given up on finding a p'let close and were talking with the owner of a parrot store that raises and hand feeds lovies, and we would have helped with hand feeding the last week or two before taking it home... Two nights ago we saw the bird store post pictures on some new p let's on Instagram. So we went to the store yesterday and said hi to the 6 little babies (14 weeks old) and fell in love with the cobalt? little boy, BUT the owner had already taken a deposit on him. The owner loves us and knows we would be great fid parents (we gave him our blue front to rehome and the blue front picked a new owner less than a month ago. And he knew we recently lost Daphe our p let).... The lady that put down the deposit kept asking the owner when the p let would start to talk and other kind of odd questions and gave him a weird feeling about selling the bird to her. We called this afternoon and the other lady never showed up for their meeting 🙄 he told us to come down tonight!

The p lets are 14 weeks old and the little blue boy was getting VERY friendly/snuggly with the little grey girl 😍😍

We went to the store and held the little boy and felt like he was a great fit for us!

We told the owner that we really liked the little boy, but didn't want to do anything to jeopardize his relationship with the other customer... He said between the missed meeting today and the questions she was asking, he was 100% positive the little boy was ours if we wanted him!

By far he was the most friendly and most snuggly of the 6 babies!

So we brought him home 😍

We aren't 100% sure on his color he is either a blue or maybe a cobalt (we really don't care what color he is as long as he is a good little p'let 😁

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry for the crappy pic, we just picked this little guy up 😁

We had given up on finding a p'let close and were talking with the owner of a parrot store that raises and hand feeds lovies, and we would have helped with hand feeding the last week or two before taking it home... Two nights ago we saw the bird store post pictures on some new p let's on Instagram. So we went to the store yesterday and said hi to the 6 little babies (14 weeks old) and fell in love with the cobalt? little boy, BUT the owner had already taken a deposit on him. The owner loves us and knows we would be great fid parents (we gave him our blue front to rehome and the blue front picked a new owner less than a month ago. And he knew we recently lost Daphe our p let).... The lady that put down the deposit kept asking the owner when the p let would start to talk and other kind of odd questions and gave him a weird feeling about selling the bird to her. We called this afternoon and the other lady never showed up for their meeting 🙄 he told us to come down tonight!

The p lets are 14 weeks old and the little blue boy was getting VERY friendly/snuggly with the little grey girl 😍😍

We went to the store and held the little boy and felt like he was a great fit for us!

We told the owner that we really liked the little boy, but didn't want to do anything to jeopardize his relationship with the other customer... He said between the missed meeting today and the questions she was asking, he was 100% positive the little boy was ours if we wanted him!

By far he was the most friendly and most snuggly of the 6 babies!

So we brought him home 😍

We aren't 100% sure on his color he is either a blue or maybe a cobalt (we really don't care what color he is as long as he is a good little p'let 😁

And yes he will have a much nicer cage, we had given away our old p'let cage due to some rust and didn't think we would get another bird so soon.... But this is a little smaller, can be kept in the office so he is closer for the first few weeks, and will be replaced as soon as he is more comfortable and climbing and perching better!

He does have one wonky toe, looks like a litter mate maybe nipped if and possibly cut a tendon so the toe curls up at the tip.

#4 ·
Looking at pics we didn't think he was pied, utwe aren't experts, the lighter color on his head seems to be where feathers are out of place and the white downy feathers are showing.

He is sitting by my wife and I and he ate a little bit this morning and has been cheeping and peeping with a ton of different sounds for about 10 minutes now lol

#7 ·
Didn't know about the clear toe nails being indicative of a pied color.

LOL we think his breeder mist have listened to dub-steb... He will be chirping rhythmically and then drop down to a deeper "growly" tone and then back up to the musical chirping like when "the bass drops" in dub-step lol

Little boy has eaten a few seeds a few times today already, took a couple cat naps and has a peeping machine. I recorded him a little and played it back and he went crazy peeping very loud (I'm assuming flock calling).

He was more fri ndly in the store, but is OK stepping up but does nibble some and doesn't want to hang out on our hands... But we totally understand he had his world turned upside down (came from breeder to store 3 days ago, and to us last night) and he is still very nervous and upset over all the changes.

Our quaker hears the little buddy in the other room with us and keeps talking etc trying to interact lol

#9 ·
He is a really nice bird! Looks very healthy, too. Give him a lot of kisses and treats! I am trying to get David to get another parrotlet, but he has been so weak, I don't think he wants one because he won't be able to take care of one the way he did other birds. David gives one hundred percent to every pet he has ever had. Vicki

#10 ·
He is adorable!! You guys sound so excited, congratulations! New birds are so much fun, I love watching their personalities grow.
I can see what you mean about the feathers being out of place I was squinting too trying to see if I noticed pied, it is true about the clear toenail as well a regular blue mutation has dark nails. I can't see the nails well so you are the best judge, I have had two blue pied one was very light and one was much heavier. I love the blues 🥰

Can't wait to see more pictures soon!! Wonder if he will pick up any more white spots after his molt? Melody used to have these two little white feathers on the right side of her head. Just two. 😂

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.