Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I have a 3.5 yo single male parrotlet that is exhibiting what I suspect are sexual displays- he shakes his tail feathers (he also does that when he is happy/excited), jumps around a bit while chirping, and appears to be regurgitating (but nothing comes out). The weird thing is that he only does that when he is playing on the floor, around my feet, if I am seating on my Ikea chair. As soon as I sit down, he first comes to me to get scratched a bit, and then he jumps down to the floor and starts dancing. He also appears to charge at my feet without ever bitting and then scratches himself against my toe nails. Those of you who have young males by themselves have you observed this misplaced mating behaviour before?
The other quircky thing is his responsiveness to clapped rithms. Before he ever responded to voice calls, he would respond to hand clapps, especially rithmic ones such as the ratata-tata from the Salsa clave beat. I have had lovebirds before, as well as budgies, and they never responded in this way, so I was wondering if is just my pet, or is it a characteristic of parrotlets in general?
thanks,
Fado

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Fado,

When my wife was younger she had a parakeet that had a particular fondness for used tissues...;)

Memmey, you didn't strike me as the IKEA type. I would think either simple country or high Victorian :cool: though I'm leaning towards the country style from the teens and twenties ;) .

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
794 Posts
That's me..I was feeling sorta down one day and I posted 2 rooms in my house on HGTV's Rate My Space . One of my friends asked me why didn't I just lay down in the road and let a car run over me? They are really tough on there, if you don't want to hear criticism , it's not the place to go. Anyway I didn't do too bad... I go look every once in a while and I'm still hanging on with pretty good comments. That was one of more bizarre things to do to myself...everyone should sign up for public humiliation every once in a while,,,it builds character or...it makes you a character...whatever.

My son( the adventure guy) loves IKEA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts