TalkParrotlets.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in getting in touch with parrotlet breeders - green rump and spectacled. I live in Minnesota but anywhere in the USA will do. I picked my budgies up at the airport and they were just fine (if a bit nervous). I'm looking for an operation that values hands-on contact with the babies (at the appropriate time) rather than a "shop" that will send me a bird that hasn't been handled.

Please PM me with your recommendations. Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick follow up, for anyone interested: I've identified several parrotlet breeders by now but it's difficult getting in touch with them. (Not a good sign.) I might consider one of the larger aviary businesses at this point, if they seem responsible and responsive. If any of you have first or second hand knowledge of the larger businesses (positive or negative), please let me know. I don't think I can name them here but you may be familiar with one or more of them. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Here in NJ we have breeders who sell to our bird stores. This is a reputable place to buy from.

I am not sure if you have bird stores in our area but it would be another place to check.

I am not speaking about the big box stores that sell all pet items, I am speaking about specialty stores. You should be able to visit the facility and you can form your own opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts