Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

Look What I Found...A Message?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Healyx5 
#1 ·
Hello!

A strange thing happened today. I know this may be nothing, but what I saw made me think about parrotlets.

I was walking around my property and decided to walk back to Bogie's grave located in my flower garden. I visit it as often as I can. It has been so darn hot and humid lately that It is too much for me to endure. But today! I was drawn to his grave and I told Vicki, my wife, that I would walk back there today while she was at work. She told me to be careful.

As I made my way back there, I heard a variety of birds just-a chirping and singing in a couple of Australian Pines near my property. As soon as I approached Bogie's grave, there was a dead silence! All I could hear was the wind blowing through the Australian pines. I finally got to Bogie's resting place and the red roses were in full bloom. ( Bogie loved red roses. I had some silk red roses inside my home and Bogie would hide himself in the clumps of the red roses) .

I looked down at Bogie's marker and there, right on top of his grave, was a dead bird! It was an Eastern Mockingbird about a year old. He looked healthy and it looked like he had been dead only a few hours. I don't know why, but the sight of this bird really got to me. I was emotional to begin with, and seeing him there brought tears to my eyes. He was so young! I talked out loud to him and asked him what happened to him. " Was it the heat? " " Did a bigger bird get you? " If he would have answered, I would have fainted! haha.

So, Bogie now has a new friend to play with at the Rainbow Bridge. I got my teenaged neighbor to dig me a deep hole and we buried " Mr. Mocky " ( I named him) next to Bogie. I didn't want the stray cats to find him. The teenager looked at me and said, " Are you crying? " I said, " Yes. " and hobbled away.

Dave

See less See more
#2 ·
Definitely a message. Bogey just knew you'd take care of Mr. Mocky. I would have cried too. It's good to know that Bogey is still looking down upon you. I believe he is happy. And now he has a new buddy to watch over you. I hope you are well, or was well as can be. I've missed your posts here. They are the reason I come back periodically - just to read what ever it is that you might post. Please take care of yourself and stay safe.

#3 ·
Thank you for the kind words. I miss the gang that regularly wrote in here for many, many years! Many have their lives to deal with. I am birdless right now and my heart aches to have one. I just can't handle one ever again. I changed my will around to include some money to go to " Second chance animal causes " and a hefty amount to go to the Audubon Society to be applied to bird rescue division. The book is complete and will be published posthumously, along with a book I wrote about my undercover life. Vicki will notify this forum upon my demise and where to get a copy of " Along Came Bogie! " I hope to be around many more years!

Your long time friend,

David

#4 ·
Hello!

A strange thing happened today. I know this may be nothing, but what I saw made me think about parrotlets.

I was walking around my property and decided to walk back to Bogie's grave located in my flower garden. I visit it as often as I can. It has been so darn hot and humid lately that It is too much for me to endure. But today! I was drawn to his grave and I told Vicki, my wife, that I would walk back there today while she was at work. She told me to be careful.

As I made my way back there, I heard a variety of birds just-a chirping and singing in a couple of Australian Pines near my property. As soon as I approached Bogie's grave, there was a dead silence! All I could hear was the wind blowing through the Australian pines. I finally got to Bogie's resting place and the red roses were in full bloom. ( Bogie loved red roses. I had some silk red roses inside my home and Bogie would hide himself in the clumps of the red roses) .

I looked down at Bogie's marker and there, right on top of his grave, was a dead bird! It was an Eastern Mockingbird about a year old. He looked healthy and it looked like he had been dead only a few hours. I don't know why, but the sight of this bird really got to me. I was emotional to begin with, and seeing him there brought tears to my eyes. He was so young! I talked out loud to him and asked him what happened to him. " Was it the heat? " " Did a bigger bird get you? " If he would have answered, I would have fainted! haha.

So, Bogie now has a new friend to play with at the Rainbow Bridge. I got my teenaged neighbor to dig me a deep hole and we buried " Mr. Mocky " ( I named him) next to Bogie. I didn't want the stray cats to find him. The teenager looked at me and said, " Are you crying? " I said, " Yes. " and hobbled away.

Dave
Awwww this literally made me tear up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.