Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I saw some issues about birds being clippes of being airborn, take a look at this site.
Thát's something!

www.venezuelaamazonen.de

(they have an english written page)

By the way, here in the Netherlands we have quite some parrots living 'in the wild'. Birds that escaped or where set free -propably because people didn't want to take care for them anymore :mad: - and they do survive wonderfull in our soft winters. Some flocks count over more than several hundred of birds! A pair of green-red macaws has just raised it's second litter in the past few years.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
There are wild parrots in many places in the US. Some get accidentally released, some escape. Have you see the movie, "Wild Parrot's of Telegraph Hill?" They can do very well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What that guy lets his birds do is pretty amazing.

I really wish my parrots could enjoy life like his seem too. However in my urban neighbourhood I doubt a Quaker would last long.

Kudos to him and it's great he says that he does not reccomend this for most parrots. I'm glad his two zons have such a happy life.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, of course it isn't recommandable for most... pity, but that's the way it is. But Bibi and I fantasize about it :rolleyes:

Never heard about that movie Sally, sound good though. Maybe I should look around on the web.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Marjet,

Very interesting site! I have looked at about halkk of it so far. When I was younger, I used to let my budgies fly around the neighborhood!

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
This is amazing. There are other sites regarding free flying but not to this extent - except for one lady who lets her rescued Cockatoo's fly free - I know there are a lot of dangers but by the sounds of it the benefits for these two birds far outweigh them. I guess it wouldn't be a good idea for everybody to do this as we could create a whole new problem if the birds left and started raising offspring and forming flocks. But that doesn't seem to be the case here.

and Art - post more on your free flying Budgies when you were a kid - How did this come about and what was the outcome - Did they always come back etc ? :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts