Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,572 Posts
by the way....Kiwi is beautiful.....is it a male or female....love the colors. I wish I could put pictures in my messages....I have many of Lilly. How many Parrotlets have you had....? says you have one now, am assuming it is Kiwi that I see on the page.
I just read a book that you would like....it says....consciousness is not created by the brain....it exists before and without....written by Dr Alexander.
Roxy, the best way to handle pictures is to use photobucket.com and link them over. Photobucket make handling pictures much easier than most web sites methods.

·
Super Moderator
4,572 Posts
I just read a book that you would like....it says....consciousness is not created by the brain....it exists before and without....written by Dr Alexander.
I believe that this is known as a soul....

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had something like that happen to me. I was giving my bird a shower and she went on the soap and she got some in her mouth and she barfed so much she lost all of her energy and a vet said to give her sugar water and after about 5 min she didn't look like she was going to die. You should try it might save her!!!:):):):):)

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
by the way....Kiwi is beautiful.....is it a male or female....love the colors. I wish I could put pictures in my messages....I have many of Lilly. How many Parrotlets have you had....? says you have one now, am assuming it is Kiwi that I see on the page.

Yes, that is Kiwi and she is a she. I have only ever had one parrotlet. She is, in fact, my very first bird if you don't count my mother's budgie, Mickey, that she had when I was a child. I had to give him honourable mention in my signature line. He was an awesome bird. Thank you for your compliments of Kiwi - I find her very beautiful too.

I am going to PM you my email address if you can't manage to post photos here for us all to enjoy. You can send them to me and I will post them for you, if you wish. I would love to see photos of her.

I had not heard of that book but that is a good description of idea I was trying to convey. I will have to check it out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
So Sad

Hi a lll my supporters……
Many thanks. I just miss my baby too much…..but someday I will be ok…not yet…but I just want to thank you for your concern.

:confused:Roxy

·
Registered
243 Posts
Roxy, I am so very very sorry for your loss. I've been away from the forum & I am so very sad to read this thread, my heart goes out to you(((HUGGS)))

·
Super Moderator
12,210 Posts
Roxy so very very very sorry to hear about Lily. I have not been on line much and just heard now. My heart breaks for you but s he was a very loved and lucky little girl to have you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh my dear Roxy. From my perspective after reading your post, it is time to let go. You are not letting HER go because she will always be with you, you are letting go of this part of her journey. The way I see it is - whatever reason she was given the gift of experiencing this form of life, she has fulfilled it and it is time for her to continue her journey elsewhere. I firmly believe that you were meant to be together. That type of bond is something more than any human explanation can define - we call it love, but it really has no label. It does not end with the passing of a loved one from this life. I am sure you feel at a spiritual level that she is leaving and the human in you is all that is resisting...but I think the spiritual you knows there is nothing to fear and that your energies are so interconnected that there can be no such thing as you being apart. You can call it anything you want - spiritual for me is the best way to describe it - that feeling that you can't define in relation to your physical self - your "heart" as we tend to call it. So while your head resists, your heart knows and unencumbered by the thoughts in your mind, your heart is not afraid. I don't mean to sound odd, rather I am trying to help you find peace with what is very natural in this life. I ached too when I read your post. So filled with love and devotion. Carrying that little bird in a knapsack around your neck. Tsk. What incredible love and gentleness. Anguish does not belong there. You are such a gift to this world Roxy. Your little baby was so blessed to have you as are we. You have touched me to the very core with that post so filled with emotion - even though it is only black letters in a white screen. That intensity of love that pops up even on a computer screen will never be severed - whether she is here or on the next part of her journey. Never. She will never be gone but she will be at peace. And so will you - I mean, your head will always ask "what if" but your heart won't. So I cannot tell you what her future is in this life - whether she can be revived and how she will live out her days. But I can tell you I feel her passing all around you - like a doorway that has opened - and you are the only one who is holding her here. Whatever decision you make will be the right one - that is why you were blessed with having her. My gentle advice to you is to recognize that your fear is driving you at the moment. Lay it down and let the love you have together make the decision. My heart is with you both. Do let us know what you decide and know we are here for you.
Roxy my heart goes out to you---seems to be a very critical situation. I've cried when any of my birds died----but when ready, I got another one. I'll never be without my bird(s).
A vet recommended wing amputation for a tumor on my beloved male budgie and made his situation worse. I don't go to him anymore. Never get talked into something like that!
Such gentle and wise words. 🧡 🧡 🧡

61 - 69 of 69 Posts