Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I didn't do a search before I posted this. So Jack, as some of you may already know, is new to the household. It's been only a few days and he's situated himself really well. So now... he loves to sit on my shoulder and he loves to clean/nibble/play/smother his face in my hair. Whenever I put him on someone else's shoulder he likes to do a little chewy thang with their hair.

When I wear my hair in a ponytail, he likes to go directly under it like it's his little hut or something. Occasionally he hangs from it and then I forget he's even there.

When I wear my hair down, it's like his personal jungle and he likes to hide in it and hang around in there. It's kind of cute, and it tickles a little bit, but I don't like to keep him there for too long in fear of him pooping. But whenever I try to remove him, he goes anti social and doesn't want to go on my finger, or in some cases he bites. In that case, he usually comes out of my hair and only my shoulder for some period of social time, but eventually goes back in!

Anyway, is this strange behavior for a parrotlet, or is this part of a parrotlets quirky personality? Also, what kind of unique things do your parrotlets like to do?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't think it's strange behavior at all. Tommaso does the same thing Jack does, hanging out in my hair. He has done this since I got him at 8 weeks old.
The thing he does that amazes me is when he needs to poop , he comes out from under my hair, poops on my shoulder and then goes back under my hair to play. He's so considerate.:) When my hair is in a pony tail, he likes to jump high on top of the pony tail like he's king of the hill. It sounds like your Jack is loving his home.

Morena

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I feel that it makes them secure, and it is nice and warm.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am glad that you asked this question, as Kermit has just started to do this with me. The only problem is that until he gets situated it tickles like crazy. For me this THE most ticklish/sensitive spots on my body. lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I will post some other photos of Jack by himself some other time :)

Yes, it certainly does tickle and I can't help but shoo him back on my shoulder for a few minutes sometimes. Sometimes he situates himself so well into my hair that it doesn't really feel like he's in there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts