Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long to parrotlets typically live, on average? Have yours passed the average? :D Any pass away before the average life span? :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
No one is really sure how long they live because they are still a relatively new pet and unfortunately, alot of them are victims of household accidents because they are so small :(

The estimates that I've hears are 25-35 years.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I have heard that 15 - 20 years is good for a parrotlet. Unfortunately, most do not die of old age.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yes, I read that too....most die of accidents before they are 3. They are so tiny that accidents are the major cause of death for these babies. So keep a special eye on them when they are out of their cages.
My husband turned his back for a second and Paulie took off...Their wings are so quiet and even clipped they can fly anywhere. We found Paulie on our dining room drapes but it could have turned out awful

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Yes, most die young. We do our very best bird proofing the house while Chipper is out. Closed toilets, fans off, stove not hot, etc. She loves to fly and I love a bird to fly. She just flies to me and home really.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts