TalkParrotlets.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Benny girl just decided to fly (glide) out of her cage and onto my desk. She really tries her wings a lot these days. I have a very large desk, but from all the landing spots she could have used, she landed in a plate with Greek yogurt and blueberries. What a mess! Washing her feet and belly was so not appreciated! Now she sleeps snuggled to my neck, probably dreaming of blueberries. I think I am forgiven. Luckily it was not hot soup or a cup with hot tea - have to be more careful!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Ohhh YESSSS. I know the feeling when your bird takes off on an unscheduled flight! :eek:

My scariest moment was when my little dude landed on the floor and I could not see him anywhere. We were in the bedroom .... and I HAD a mouse trap set under the bed (I live in the country and we have a mouse plague on at the moment - the trap was just in case they got into my bedroom).

Thank good ness I got him before he went near the trap - which was promptly taken away!

Hot drinks on the desk are also a worry. I have one of those mesh food covers, so I put it over my mug so he can't be burnt on it. In fact, I use it for all my food on the desk so he cant get into it, or eat it, or poop in it LOL

Poor Benny ... but hey, isn't yoghurt good for the skin? :p

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Welcome to the world of a parrotlet's adventures! Benny girl saw the food and said to herself, " Hmmm! Looks good enough to eat! "

This reminds me of the first flight my Bogie took from his open cage. He flew towards me and I though he went past me. My wife and I couldn't find him! Where did he go? As I stood there, looking around the room, I slightly turned away from my wife and she said, " Freeze! Bogie's on the bottom of your shirt and hanging on for dear life! "
There he was, hanging onto my camouflaged shirt, just above my back pocket! I am glad I didn't sit down! ( Bogie was green and he blended in with my shirt!).

It is a good idea to keep a daily life journal on Benny! I wrote in Bogie's journal every day for 10 years! I am glad I did!

David and Vicki;):rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yoghurt good for the skin? Dang, did I eat her spa treatment? Was there a slight misunderstanding with my birdy? She still was so nice and wanted to share by getting on my shoulder to walk yoghurt all over my neck.

A life journal and the mesh food cover a great hints! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
731 Posts
The weirdest place Cleopatra has ever landed was on my NOSE! I do not know what possessed her to try that stunt, but I am glad it was only a one time thing! Once was bad enough! Shesh! lol

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
The weirdest place Cleopatra has ever landed was on my NOSE! I do not know what possessed her to try that stunt, but I am glad it was only a one time thing! Once was bad enough! Shesh! lol
I laughed loudly when I read what you said about Cleopatra landing on your nose! Vicki said, " I can just see that happening! "

Bogie landed on my glasses while I was reading the paper. Vicki took a picture of it. He loved doing this!

David and Vicki;):rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I loved it when my African Grey would fly.. I taught her to take off and circle my entire house and then return to me. She was a much larger parrot... I'm a little worried about doing that with my tiny parrotlet. I am a little upset that the breeder cut off one side of his wings just before I arrived to pick him up... but she said that she did it so he would be tame while getting to know me (?). He is 9 weeks old.. so, I wonder if that side will catch up and wonder how long it will take.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts