Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my baby still at the store where I bought him:

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!!!
Yea its my first parrotlet and I read through about them a lot and I even bought a book!!!
But its not my first bird I have 6 parakeets and 4 cockatiels!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Btw your avatar of your two birds is gorgeous!!!! Are you breeding them???? I wonder what the kids will look like??

·
Registered
794 Posts
My avatar photo credits go to Sally. Along with my sig pic. She did both of them for me.

Oscar is 6 months old and Maya is 13 weeks old.

I am just starting to introduce them together. They are playing on their playstand, and preening, etc. I just took some wonderful photos.

It seems like they will eventually work out, and I will put them in the same cage.

Im not asking for them to breed. But if they do, then I will support it. If not, then that's fine too.

Oscar is visual blue, split to green, yello, albino. Maya I think is just green.

Im not exactly sure that is correct, but I know for sure Oscar is split three ways.

I will call the breeder later on.

Im going to go upload the photos on PhotoBucket then I will share them. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awww they look so cute together!!!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know if Kyle is split because i got him from Bird Jungle. But they get there birds from breeders and he is hand fed which I am still feeding him!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks!
Your signature picture is soo cute!!!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I don't know if Kyle is split because i got him from Bird Jungle. But they get there birds from breeders and he is hand fed which I am still feeding him!!!!

How is the handfeeding going??

I handfed Oscar from three weeks.

If you don't mind me asking, about how much was Kyle? Usually the splits are sold for more than regular blues. So you can probably answer the question "if he is split" on your own.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the place where I got him they sell the green ones for $175 for female and $199 for males, and the blue ones for $375 for female and $399 for male, but since my dad and I knew the owner because we buy a lot of food and got all my other birds from them they gave me 10% off $399 with tax he with $389!!!!!
The handfeeding is going great!!! On thursday I need to take him back to the store to be weighed!!!! I have to go every week until weaned!!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I love all the exclamation marks, I can tell how excited you are! ;)
I can't wait to see more pictures and hear more stories!!
Lets see some of your other birds? :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
More picture are posted on another thread

·
Registered
794 Posts
What I mean is some blues have only blue in there genes, right?

But some have other color mutations in their genetics but only show the blue. When they are bred there is a chance of having different colored babies. Thus, making them more valuable to breeders.

The only blues cost less.

The visual blues, that have split genes, are more expensive.

Am I correct? :eek::eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts