Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Rebecca, and I own one baby, 3 month old parrotlet named Kiwi (or Key-key). We hope this site will help us out all the way with a long, happy, and freindship-ful (what a word! ;) ) life.

Further on, I hope to be very helping and good to this website.

To end, Here is a picture of Kiwi (maybe getting a freind soon) :

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

:D Sorry, but it is REbecca.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol. Yah, I saw this beautiful blue parrotlet at the store running for $150. I believe about getting her or him. It looked like a girl though.

But being only 14, I must save before I get her/him. She might not be there when I get enough $$. I have $90 right now, but I am actually saving that money for a 40 gallon breeder tank for my frogs....

You never know though. I might see another next year.

·
Registered
835 Posts
That would be awesome for Kiwi - esp. of it is a girl. I find parrots are their HAPPIEST when kept in a species appropriate / opposite gender pari. You should talk to the shop and see if they will take a deposit and payments towards the parrotlet, esp. if female so they don't sell to someone else.

What size cage do you have? That is one of the biggest issues for housing parrotlets together. They will fight if in too small of a cage. We have some threads about this though.

Oh, and $150 is VERY low. What is your location? They still go for $300-$500 in some parts of the country.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is not just the price though. My dad. My mom. We have 10 animals. They pull out their hair when I bring up "I would like another animal" Which that is why I am jsut getting bigger living spaces for my hedgie, Kiwi, and frogs. Right now he is in a

18' Long
13' wide
24' high = this is in inches.

Southern Illinois. They are babies. I got Kiwi for $100. They come in at 2 months old, weaned about 2 week before this. Anyway, this is my favorite petstore. They always run things cheap. At petco, they have parrotlets much more expensive. greens at $150 afnd blues at $220.

·
Registered
835 Posts
We make it a signed requirement to pair up any birds that we adopt out. You can't adopt a bird unless you agree to pair it appropriately. That is how strongly I feel about this issue! So, no one adopts a bird w/o knowing they will be getting a second. Birds are such strong flock animals that I find it cruel to house them singly w/o a same species opposite gender mate. Of course a single parrot will be happy when you come home b/c they have been lonely all day and waiting for someone to play with. Yes, you can keep them content and occupied with toys, but they are happiest with a true bird buddy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts