Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not around very much lately, but I just wanted to let ya'll know that my Petsmart has the Avian Poquito Hotel (travel cage) on clearance right now for $66.00.

I know some people complain that it's heavy, but it's very well made and large enough for a parrotlet to leave in for a couple of weeks if necessary, yet it still breaks down for storage.

I'm very pleased with it.

Just a heads up for those who might be interested!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just wanted to mention that the Poquito is large enough for an everyday "sleep" cage, so the weight is in its favor. I want to put it on a corner cabinet in my laundry, and the weight will keep it from slipping around. I also like the flat top that can double as a play area when we travel.

It is definitely too heavy to use as a "tote around" cage to the vet!

Thus far, Sunny and Sprout have always stayed in their Marvelous cage in the kitchen, but we keep them up VERY late, and my husband is making coffee in the kitchen at 5:00 in the morning. I think they're sleep deprived five days a week!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good for you!

I've already put mine together and it is sitting on the kitchen table near their parrotlet palace. :D

Right now, Sprout is on the perch on top the cage and Sunny is busy chewing a kabob in the cage. I knew that would get him! Well, that and oat groats! I'll probably have them sleeping in it in about a week.

I travel to visit my mom and grandmother every now and then (5 hour trip), and I'd like to take them with me even though hubby and the kids could watch over them. I think my mom would really enjoy them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My local Petsmart had them on clearance for $50 earlier this year. Silly me only bought 1! Of course when I went back they were all gone.

My Goffin cockatoo uses it as a sleep cage! (If I don't put her in a room with no windows and cage covered with a dark thick cover, she will scream ALL night!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.