Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

as mentioned I have in possession a pair of parrotlets, what food can I feed on a daily basis and how much time should I spend on bonding with for a start. one seems to like to fly to me more willingly and the other seems bit more reserved. Please help me! its my first time having birds as pets, I have a poodle at home now too.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hiya!

Here's some threads that will help you. We should really pin a diet thread to the top, I think.

Basically, you want to feed a mixture of vegetables and fruits, pellets, and seeds. It doesn't matter if the veggies are fresh or frozen and thawed. There are many lists of safe vegetables and fruits for birds on the internet as well as on this forum. Short list, onion, garlic, avocado, chocolate, coffee/caffeine are not suitable for birds.

On a daily basis, provide pellets and seeds and provide vegetables as long as you are able to change them out (i.e., don't leave them out to get gross). I would stick with whatever the birds were eating before you got them at first and slowly transition them to pellets/veggies if they were not eating them already.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts