TalkParrotlets.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just checking in with everyone. How are you all doing?

Monty is the big 3 soon (April!) and I can't believe he's already 3. He's loving the pandemic (the only one who is). He gets to scream at his parents all day and cuddle at night. Pic related. (I'm on the couch and I'm awake, just so you know! Never fall asleep with your parrots, as much as they would like to do that!)

Monty is not that cuddley of a bird besides wanting scratches, so his night time routine of a cuddle before he goes to his bed cage is treasured.

·
Super Moderator
4,873 Posts
Tumi loves the pandemic too! He used to get left home for long days alone, and now he is with me just about 24/7. Snuggle time is the best time! :)

·
Super Moderator
4,406 Posts
I love cuddle time. During the pandemic after lunch I may lay down on the bed and save my hurting knees for about 15 minutes. Jules and now Rio love to tuck in under my chin for a snuggle / cuddle fest. It is a scritches and preening. As long as they don't decide to preen my face whiskers all is well.

Reactions: aqueilo

·
Registered
96 Posts
I love your snuggle picture! Percy isn't much for snuggling. She does love head scratches. Percy has really enjoyed me being at home all day. I have to leave for about 1 hours every afternoon for school line pickup. She gets so upset when I get my handbag and keys. I feel bad leaving her.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Awwww! Such a sweet picture of you giving Monty the royal treatment (cuddles and scritches). He looks a little done in. I guess it must be very tiring being a parrotlet and having to scream at you and all those annoying outside birds all day long. lol

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Cool, my new guy isnt into snuggling yet. I give scritches in is cage every morning (not the happiest then) and before I move him in the evening. Last night he was loving the scritches and when I moved my hand away he looked at me with sad eyes. Maybe he is learning scritches are good.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess it must be very tiring being a parrotlet and having to scream at you and all those annoying outside birds all day long. lol
Yes, those cardinals aren't going to scream at themselves!

Cool, my new guy isnt into snuggling yet. I give scritches in is cage every morning (not the happiest then) and before I move him in the evening. Last night he was loving the scritches and when I moved my hand away he looked at me with sad eyes. Maybe he is learning scritches are good.
He will learn... then he will never leave you alone. Constantly asking for scratches when you're trying to type. Sticking his head under you hand when you're texting.
Monty is happiest in the morning because he gets his daily small scoop of seeds with his pellets for breakfast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts