Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gosh.. i have so many questions... sure you'll get tired of them all.

Anyway, here it goes.

So Diablo has been here for a few weeks now and we've been getting along great. She's been doing that wacked out wiggle dance for me, she won't be parted from me without a fuss and she spends all the time out of her cage running around after me...

Here's the thing: she HATES my roommate... and I mean hate. She makes squabbling noises if he's around. I had to run out to the laundry so I deposited her on his shoulder and she went berserk! She immediately ran and chomped down on his ear and puffed up. We were both sitting on the couch and Diablo did her Dr. Jekyll, Mr. Hyde routine and RAN AFTER MY 6'7 ROOMMATE. She got up in his face, puffed up and bit him on the lip.
She's also really grumpy with my friends who come to visit sometimes but mostly she just gets mad if they come too close... but she really really really detests Evan.

So, what's going on? I know he helped me feed her antibiotics, is she cheesed with him for this? She's way brattier with him when I'm in sight, there's no question. Is it something to do with me?
I know today after she tried to destroy him on the couch, she jumped on my shoulder and bit a chunk out my lip. I put her away for a 10 minute cool off with the cover on her cage. I took her out again and she was all lovely and spent the rest of the evening kissing my cheek and having her head scratched. Is it my fault for naming her after satan or what?? :confused:

So.. any insight will be eternally appreciated!

·
Registered
536 Posts
If she is "in love" with you, she won't want anyone else around. Then she will be mad at you for leaving her or showing attention to anyone else. Also she may be trying to "protect you" from others she sees as a threat.
Make sure she is getting 12 to 13 hours of good sleep time [covered and in the dark] and do not encourage her mating dance. Putting her back in her cage to calm down is a good approach.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I'm not sure how to address this but it was a funny read - they really don't understand that they are small...;) . 4" Diablo knows how to put 6'7" Evan in his place :D .

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I vote for the protection and love theory..They are very self confident and bold little things. I feel sorta proud that they have such a good sense of self. I think you have a devoted friend now.....it's am awesome priviledge..congrats.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Sounds like Diablo has chosen you as her surrogate mate - Parrots have a high instinctual drive to pair bond and when they do they need to keep other's away from their mate - and if need be, keep their mate away from others [hence her biting you on your lip] :(
The "squabbling noises, puffing up and biting" you mentioned are all tell tail signs.

·
Registered
582 Posts
" 4" Diablo knows how to put 6'7" Evan in his place"

Ha ha, Art! That was exactly what I thought when I read the original post!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts