Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, so I have a 9 month old female pacific parrotlet named Lucie and we really are best friends.:D
Today, I purchased my second female parrotlet who is yellow and I named her Lola, she is 2 months old.:eek:
For now, they have been close to one another but are in separate cages so Lucie doesn't get jealous or terroitorial over her things. Any tips/advice on how to get this relationship going, I want them to be able to tolerate each other and hopefully have fun having play dates eventually. Please let me know from experience how to help! Thanks!:confused:

·
Registered
11,181 Posts
Exciting! I can't wait to see more pictures:) As for getting them to tolerate each other, you really need to make sure that they get to spend enough time with you. It also really depends on personalities. Jinx just barely tolerates Indi and Indi follows Jinx around like a little sister, but knows to scram if she gets too close or if Jinx is in a "mood"! I definitely keep them housed separately and they're both territorial of their cages if they're in their cage and the other bird is around.

You may see more issues as the younger one matures, so keep a close on eye on things later too:)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Indi follows Jinx around like a little sister, but knows to scram if she gets too close or if Jinx is in a "mood"!
This sounds exactly like my p'let and her budgie little sister. :p

I have my birds housed together and they get along fine, but I think I'm more of an exception to the rule, and when it comes to p'lets you should really consider housing them separately

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
She sounds wonderful, I love the yellow also, someday, that will be my next one. Introduce them slowly, I have read that you need to do that away from their cages, in another room, to they don't get aggressive about their cage or toys. Keep us up todate and pictures !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts