Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Im a longtime lurker, and after months of preparation and research, I’m proud to say I’ll be bringing home my young parrotlet Daisy home this weekend!

Ive had the pleasure of visiting her as much as possible at the Bird Shop im getting her from, and I think shes enjoying my company as much as Im enjoying hers :”)

I did have a quick question if anyone could answer; what would be her color mutation/variant? Its out a pure curiosity, but thank you in advance to anyone who answers :)

Thank you and I hope to see you guys out and about!!

·
Super Moderator
5,044 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! She is ADORABLE! It is great that you were able to meet her before she came home with you, so she is already familiar with you and somewhat comfortable. Keep sharing pictures, and asking questions! I'm not great at colorations unless they look like my little dude, but hopefully someone who is can help you out. I wonder if she is the female of the same color of Tumi, who is an American yellow, but Tumi is more yellow/green than Daisy is.

·
Super Moderator
4,566 Posts
She does look like a female American yellow to me.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
How exciting!!! I hope you have many wonderful years. Keep doing research and always ask questions. Welcome to the bird family.

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
She's beautiful! Congratulations, she looks just like my Lilly (only with feathers lol My little girl unfortunately is a plucker)
Her mutation is American Turquoise. American yellow female would be more of an all over yellow tone with some variation, but she is a much lighter yellow with a bright yellow forehead this is indicative of the turquoise portion of the mutation. Sometimes, or I should say usually; people refer to this mutation as a dilute but there really is no such thing in parrotlet as dilute. It's all very complicated breeder genetics jargon 🤣 But yeah the simple answer is she is an American Turquoise

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
Awe, are you naming her Daisy? That's so adorable! She's like my Lilly's little twin 😍 except of course like I said my girl is a nudist

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You have a really nice bird! Do you know her age? If she is very young, she is a nice, plump sized p'lett for her age. She must be feeding well! What do you feed her, besides love? She could be an American Yellow, but I am inclined to agree with Mrs.JP3 and say she is an American Turquoise. Has she had her first full molting?

David🦜

·
Registered
46 Posts
Aww she's gorgeous, congratulations on your new bird. Amazing that she's sitting on your shoulders already and that she's already familiar with you, it'll make bonding and training so much easier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts