Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So he still isn't mine yet... two more weeks! I am so excited. This is a picture taken of him when he is eight weeks old... not the most FLATTERING picture, but i still think he is absolutely lovely. You can see the places where he still is missing feathers, lol.

And yes, I decided to change his name from Rambo to Kaizoku - meaning pirate in Japanese... and well since that is a mouthful, Kai it is! :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
He's beautiful..are you ready? He's gonna be a little little baby. I wish you the best with him, I think you have been doing your homework and he's gonna get a good home...mem

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Kai is cute!

Did you decide on a cage yet? If so, what did you get?

My Sparky like this youthful look, he's decided to do some 'cosmetic work' to try to attain it...:rolleyes:

Good Luck,

Art S.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
He's ADORABLE and I love his name - its great you have pictures of him so young.
The wait must be KILLING you ! - but I'm sure he'll be home before you know it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup we have a cage at home already. It's just a normal budgie cage about 24x12x19. Unfortunately, there isn't a grate for it, so i'm still trying to figure that part one. I'm sure if I need a bigger cage I can do some lovely convincing to my parents :)

And yes, the wait is KILLING ME! I've been visiting every weekend though, since the breeder is pretty close to me :)

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
A larger cage might be good when you can get one. They really use the whole cage and love rope perches and lots of toys.

·
Registered
794 Posts
yeah, unfortunately that is all i can afford at the moment :(

Don't worry that cage is OK now he's so little he will probably feel cozier and safe. Don't forget a little cover over one corner so he can rest and not have to watch his back...your gonna be fine. On elast thought watch to seeif he eats good sometimes they are freaked and won't eat so watch him close to see him eat and drink. This is just me but let him sorta get his bearings and see his rountine before he gets over stimulated to much. Just like a new baby....:D

·
Registered
373 Posts
He is a cutie pie!! Don't worry about the cage for now -- bigger is better, yes, but he'll do fine if you give him tons of out-of-cage playtime. My cage is medium-sized, bigger than the average ones I see in pet stores, but I'm still not satisfied with it, looking to upgrade it within the next few months.

·
Registered
514 Posts
He is just so cute! The wait is tough! We saw Bitsy first when he had no feathers - then saw him again partially feathered - it seemed like FOREVER before he came to live with us! Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts