Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could give me any tips on the best way to introduce a little friend for my parrotlet Hamish? I haven't got the new bird yet, just wanted to make sure I go about it the right way.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hi Annie -- you will want to quarantine the new bird to ensure that there are no health issues that could infect Hamish. After your vet gives you a clean bill or health and you have some time to observe the bird, I would put the cages in the same room so they can talk to each other. You can move the cages a little closer every couple days and see how they react to each other. When you're comfortable with their response to each other, you can bring them out and just ensure that you're there in the event there is aggressiveness from either bird. It may take a couple outings or they can surprise you and become best buddies. How old is Hamish? If older, you may need to be patient and understand that the new bird may be viewed as an intrusion. I'm certain you'll hear from other members. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts