Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mom recently entered hospice very unexpectedly and so I am the new owner of a 3 year old parrotlet named Kraken. I am not sure what I'm doing but I am going to be the best owner I can be for him. I already love him so much and it's been 2 weeks

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Hello and welcome to both you and Kraken. This is a very difficult time for you with your Mom being in hospice care and taking on a new little feathered friend. My heart is with you all! Kraken is a very lucky little fellow to have you and it is very kind of you to have taken him in. Your commitment to him already is so heartwarming! I am sure it is comforting to have him on the journey with you. You now have an extended international flock to join you as well

Tell us about the little fella! He’s 3 years old - what colour is he? How long have you had him and how is it going? We love love photos here if you would like to share! We had another Kraken on the forum at some point - I always thought it was such a good name for their big personalities!

My bird’s name is Kiwi and she’s 18 years old if you can believe it. She’s a green Pacific Parrotlet and has been my constant companion for many years. I did not find this forum until Kiwi was quite a bit older and I really wish I had found it sooner. We had our challenging times! But it has been a real blessing to have her in my life. They really are amazing little creatures.

·
Administrator
5,147 Posts
Welcome to the community. Glad you were able to help this little guy. Rescue birds happen all the time. My first two were rescues from an over extended bird lady which had rescued them from somebody else. They come with challenges but the main fix is empathy, kindness, understanding, love and a lot of patience. I just lost my last rescue a year or so ago and she was the best pet I have ever had so I am a big fan of rescues and the effort they may take. Anyway we all will help as we can if nothing else but listen to you vent at times. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: ginziputzi
1 - 3 of 3 Posts