Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yes for those of you that read i'm a new member as of yesterday and i've been a little worried that i might have upset my little buddy so i spent the entire day by his cage just singing (not that i can really sing all that well :) ha ha) and talking to him. I actually opened the door to hs cage and just left him like that to kind of show him i'm not after him. i just sat there on my computer singing and talkeng. eventually he saw i wasn't trying anything and came to the door to look about and he was just there talking back. this went on for a little while then he actually took flight and landed on my girlfriend head and just hung out for a bit, ha ha. i only left his cage door open cause we had the door to this room closed so that he could not get into the entire house. but yes i gently instructed him to "step up" and offered him my finger and he jumped up on my and ran right up my arm and hid behind my neck as if he was almost surprised of what he just did. ha ha! then whenever i tried to get him down with my finger he would just hide there and snuggle into me! finally i gently told him to step up and once again offered him my finger and he came i put him back in his cage without a fight and closed the door and he went to bed after that. big day for little kiwi and i didn't want to overwhelm him too much all at once! i think i'm doing pretty good with him, but if you have any suggestions or just like to comment i'd love to hear it. i'm so in love with these little guys! take care!
-Steve

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
WOW! Sounds great! You are going slow and letting him investigate and go at his own pace. I think they love talking and singing!! I know Chipper does! Great job!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sounds great fearless Jones!
I think I can understand your excitement: it is really wonderfull to feel you have contact with these little guy's... :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts