Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name's Dave. I've owned one parrotlet, Sam (who we called Green). Unfortunately, he suddenly got sick a few months ago and passed away. I made this site in memory of him. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for making this site...it's a wonderful way to remember your special family member! I'm totally new to the world of parrotlets and will be here alot I'm sure!! I have so many questions and concerns!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm glad you like it here! I have some more plans for the site. And I hope we can become a great resource for other parrotlet owners! :D

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Dave,

I just discovered this thread. I didn't realize that Sam died prior to this site's existance. I'm glad that you have created a memorial to Sam that is useful to parrotlet owners in helping them learn about their birds and how best to take care of them.

Do you have any plans on getting another parrotlet?

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At the moment we really don't have any plans of getting more parrotlets. We have two budgies, and we just got a dog, so we'll probably hold off for a little while until we get another let.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave what kind of dog?:)
Chocolate brown cockapoo. His name's Benny. If I can get a picture I'll post it.

musicjan said:
I appreciate the site, Dave. I hope you'll consider getting another plet!
I'd love to get another let! I loved Sam's personality. He had such a huge personality, more than the budgies.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Dave I didn't catch that about Sam either when I joined the site - Sounds like you loved him very much and what a great honor to have started Parrotlet-talk in his memory.

I think it could be helpful to start a thread that could help us watch for danger signs - I don't know if it would be difficult for people to write about how they lost their birds but I think it might be helpful to those of us on the site.

I am not sure if there would be any warning signs in Sam's case but I had a bird die from a preventable accident.

I will start the Thread under the heading – ‘Danger Signs' and post how I lost my last bird so hopefully nobody will make the same mistake I did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts