Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaving friday to go on a mission trip to Venezuela, so I will be far far away from little Froot Loop for 2 weeks....I know that is a long time for him, so any suggestions??? My parents are going to be taking care of him for me, so he will be in good hands; they are pet owning experts, and will definitely give him out-of-the-cage play time. Just wondering if there is anything else I can/need to do to ease the situation. thanks y'all, spas

·
Registered
536 Posts
If you get people who know your bird to pet sit that is half the battle. But sometimes they just miss us and show it in some way. Paulie tends to pluck flight feathers...and after only 2 nights. If it's possible, call your folks on the phone and maybe Fruit Loop can listen in. You'd be surprised what a familiar voice can do for him. Two weeks is a long time. He might be a little "less friendly" for awhile when you return.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Just leave detailed written instructions for them. Also, make sure they know a vet to see if a problem occurs. Have fun, see ya in two weeks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well today is leaving day.... he is very familiar with my parents, and he loves them, and vice versa. I hope he does okay. See y'all in a couple weeks, spas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts