Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had been on my way home when received the vet call....hour and half earlier i had hospitalised my adorable green birdie he was poor but hopeful....

She said he was getting worse, had a seizure after seizure, she suggested euthanasia as he was suffering, We were talking and she was watching him and suddenly sad I should be kind to him now. I was....Not sure what I was want to do with the body: bury, arrange the cremation, donate to the vet college...

He is was one of the inseparable duo. The other bird is fine but obviously stressed and shouting for him. How could I ease his suffering? Shall I try to find another parrotlet? Or try to bond with him?

Overwhelmed with thought and pain. he was 4 year old, my cheerful and lively Dipsy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your most kind words and advice. It all so raw to me, seems i may lose a plot a bit.

Thank you for sharing Bo and Jules' story. Could I ask you try to remember anything that helped Jules coping in the first weeks?

I have started thinking to donate him but only because i am a coward and would no bare see him dead. see was so full of life and mischiefs. but feel guilty. is somewhere there a tread discussing our last duty toward our pets?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ginziputzi Thank you so much for your supportive response.

Pain is still deep, very deep but there are 4 other birds to look after ( the surviving parrotlet from the pair, cocktail and 2 canaries) and I started to see sense. Not in rush to make a decision but watching. Seems the parrotlet finds some comfort by being around other birds-he spent all day today jumping on their cages. Poor little widow.

I must decide what to do with Dipsy's remains now: either donate to the vet college where he is now or collect and bury him. The second option is emotionally difficult but seems fair to my birdie. My friend believes the donation is a good gesture to develop vets. I do not know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@ginziputzi and @Anya Thank you so much for your thoughts, I feel so supported.

So tiny creature took such a big place in my heart...I found a comfort on this section of the forum. As many here I expected long years ahead of us...

Thank you again for your kind support.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Natural landscape

Just to say I chose to bury my adorable Dipsy and he had never been kissed so much before yesterday (well, he was deeply boned with his his partner and so happy that I let them be and live untamed). Magically, the Rainbow appeared while I was walking to burry him. I walked 21 km in his memory yesterday and finally feel closure.

Bird Vertebrate Beak Pet supply Parrot

Thank you for your support and sharing thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts