Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what's wrong with me, lol. I started thinking about wanting to get another bird to keep Lily company. I miss Toby so much and she did really well with a mate, it's been difficult trying to keep her occupied without a buddy. We have said we would not get any more parrotlets though because they are so high maintenance! And then at the same time Jasper and Rosie have been mating now and she's laying eggs but she kind of ignores them or drops them from the top of a curtain and they break. However it is hard not to want to let them hash the eggs but I'm concerned because if they weren't good parents to the babies and they ended up needing human help or a lot of attention I just don't have the time or the money for that and vet visits Not to mention it would be difficult for me to sell them or give them away. Need help resisting MBS!

·
Super Moderator
5,102 Posts
Tumi suggests spoiling the birds you have instead of adding to the flock. Remember that it is unlikely that Lily will accept another parrotlet in Toby's place, so as much as you might wish to bring back that relationship, it is impossible. Give some good scritches!

And then, if you really can't resist, go to a parrot rescue and see who comes home with you. :D Sorry, bad influence here.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Oh, My! MBS is on the rise! I ditto what Rubydoo252 suggested. When I lost Ricochet so early, I was in a quandary about the possibility of getting another bird. I know what you are going through! I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to get another because of my failing health, so I am bird-less! Maybe you could spoil the other birds a little more---they would love that!

Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know you guys are right, I reeeealy don't need another parrotlet 🤦🏻‍♀️ I think Dana is right, I can't replace Tobie and there's a good chance s new bird would not work out.
MBS subsiding... 🥴😆

·
Super Moderator
4,781 Posts
I know you guys are right, I reeeealy don't need another parrotlet 🤦🏻‍♀️ I think Dana is right, I can't replace Tobie and there's a good chance s new bird would not work out.
MBS subsiding... 🥴😆
You are most likely going to get another bird. I suspect you have already made the decision you are just getting everybody comfortable with it. As for pairing up. If my experience is anything then go young. When I brought Rio home I was concerned that our little territorial Jules would not allow it. Nope. She stepped up and mothered him right away. We kept them caged side by side but they were together most of the time outside. They were heading for pairing by the time she died 6+ months later. Her last favor to us was training Rio up to us and our home.

·
Super Moderator
6,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are most likely going to get another bird. I suspect you have already made the decision you are just getting everybody comfortable with it. As for pairing up. If my experience is anything then go young. When I brought Rio home I was concerned that our little territorial Jules would not allow it. Nope. She stepped up and mothered him right away. We kept them caged side by side but they were together most of the time outside. They were heading for pairing by the time she died 6+ months later. Her last favor to us was training Rio up to us and our home.
Oh you are no good for me!! I admit I did contact a breeder but have since shut the idea down 😆 Im thinking another bird is just more work and more noise 🤦🏻‍♀️ I do wish Lilly were more lol maintenance like she used to be. The more time she spends with Johnny the more she becomes like Melody, and not the good qualities... 😣

·
Super Moderator
4,781 Posts
Oh you are no good for me!! I admit I did contact a breeder but have since shut the idea down 😆 Im thinking another bird is just more work and more noise 🤦🏻‍♀️ I do wish Lilly were more lol maintenance like she used to be. The more time she spends with Johnny the more she becomes like Melody, and not the good qualities... 😣
Come on, get a new parrotlet. You know you want to. ;);););)

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Maybe Johnny is the problem.......

·
Super Moderator
6,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
🤣 you guys are too funny 🤦🏻‍♀️ I was really tempted just to go into Petco last week. I know I was just thinking about Tobie. He was so special.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts