Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Paulie does the water-dish thing too about every 3 weeks or so. That's when I get out the tiny plant sprayer and finish the job....he loves it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ditto to everything Pat said - except Bitsy does the water dish thing 3 or so times a week. I bring out the plant sprayer. He tolerates it -- not thrilled, but tolerates it. He DID NOT like going in the shower with me. Same reaction to having a shower under a very slow, lukewarm kitchen spray. The water dish is his favorite. Good for him, I say!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Kathy, I think I know just what you mean: being so amused by just watching Nemo :D
They are better than television, aren't they ?(at least Dutch t.v. is a disaster :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
No more dirty birdie, HA!

Yes, they are SO much fun to watch. Chipper bathes in her water and I give her a bath in the kit. sink, a bit of water. Faster that spraying, she hates the spray bottle.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
My bird wasn't big on baths when I first got him. It actually took months of just offering them to him over and over.
He slowly started to get stimulated by colder water [he doesn't care for warm water] Now he runs through the water.
I purchased a flat cutting board that fits the top of the sink and just let the water run onto it - it gives him a flat surface to run in and out of the water from.

Here he is: :p Don't worry I don't let him use the Dawn in the background :D Although I do keep that towel there, he likes to have it to run onto - its his dry perching spot :)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
It is strange how the water comes out in pics - its actually a steady stream of water in real life but the camera captures the droplets :D

Now you guys have got me goin' - here he is minus the soap :p

·
Registered
536 Posts
He's so cute!! Looks like he's having a ball! Aren't they just the fiestiest! I wonder if Paulie would do that ?? That is just precious

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Pado,

great picture!!

Actually, the camera is correct regarding the droplets, but our eye's have a slow response and intergate the image.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Not about better eyesight, think of it as a higher refresh rate - like on a monitor. I don't know if they have the capability or not.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
What is he sitting on? I see it is the sink, right? What is making it easy for him to bathe near the water?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Kathy,

This is why I drive my wife nuts. She's usually floored, then celebrates when I say, 'I don't know'.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Pado, what a gorgeous picture that is! Can look at it without ending, só cute. He's having such a great time and is taking his bathing so serious at the same time... (or am I seeing things that are not there :eek: wouldn't be the first time I get a little carried away)

So you started just by providing the water and kept on showing him that it didn't hurt? Something like that? Bibi is off, the minute I set the tap to running water, ór the moment I'm trying to put her down on the sink.
But if you started to see results after months, there's hope after all...:D

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Awe thanks – his is very cute – :p I can’t wait to start the Female, I was advised not to let her bathe until I’ve had her a few weeks – so its time now – I’ll introduce her to it this weekend to see what happens.

But yes, just keep trying. I was there believe me, I thought he would never want to do it.

But I kept offering him the faucet – Like I said it was months :mad:

He started by drinking from the faucet – once comfortable with that is when he started showing interest by running down my arm to the water when I was at the sink – usually when I did not want to bathe him – right before bed – a big NO WAY.

At first it was just a quick run in the water and he was done – then I started trying different ways to make it more comfortable for him – my arm and hand were cumbersome – He did not like to be put IN the sink – I used the rack from the oven once but when he started to ‘run’ his feet would slip in between the bars. Then I tried a large cutting board and Walla – he loved it – So now he has his own :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts