Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just lost our parrotlet Blue today...
We had her for 7 months after rescued her from mickaboo bird rescue organization.
She was probably 3-4 years old...
With no sign she had been sick. She saw her vet regularly. Her weight was always her health issue....
Very sudden she was gone on daddy's lap....very peacefully....
She took our heart alone with her leaving.....
She was very special bird
She will be loved and
Bird Eye Parrot Beak Feather

in our heart and mind forever

·
Super Moderator
5,236 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. We are often not blessed with warning that the end is coming, but it sounds like you gave her love, which is the only thing in our control. You gave her a loving life, and that is the best we can do.

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
Awwww Blue. Sweet little bird. I am so very sorry to hear this. As you probably don’t know his history, he could very well have lacked proper nutrition when he was young, affecting his constitution. We never know. But what we do know is that he found a loving home who cherished him and cared for him. In its own way, I find it incredibly beautiful that he lay his little body down in his daddy’s lap. That is incredible love and trust - a bird who is prey in the wild laying his body down in the hands of a predator with whom he felt safe enough to be at his weakest physical moment. It is a gift he gave you and it shows what kind, wonderful people you are - something this world desperately needs. My heart and prayers are with you and with his little soul.

·
Administrator
5,396 Posts
I never know what to say in these. I have lost two parrotlets and many other pets but the parrotlets, my little feathered bundles of energy and joy always hurt more and hold longer. Blue was lucky to know you guys and you were privileged to know her. Remember her always until you meet again in what comes beyond....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the kind words
I know our life will change forever after her sudden death....
I will have her cremated and she will come back continue to living us
In the end , she will be buried with us and be with us forever ♥

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Such a situation is never wanted and is rarely expected. I will say a prayer for Blue and all of your family tonight. Blue would want you to remember her with the many happy memories you both experienced. I have been there and done that!

May God richly Bless you and yours!

David and Vicki Miller, in remembrance of Bogie and Ricochet .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Such a situation is never wanted and is rarely expected. I will say a prayer for Blue and all of your family tonight. Blue would want you to remember her with the many happy memories you both experienced. I have been there and done that!

Thank you so much.
Blue and us appreciated

·
Administrator
5,396 Posts

Nice to see you back Dave.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My condolences on the loss of your sweet Blue. This made me think of an article a friend of mine sent to me recently since she knew I was away and warned me to clean my shoes before I picked up my Chumley at the place I boarded him.
I know this article says "Inland Empire" but migrating birds go anywhere it is warmer and just stepping on a turd , you can bring this virus into your home and Avian Influenza is easily spread and will kill your bird.
Avian Influenza Cases Confirmed In Riverside County
Again so sorry for your loss.
Lisa and Chumley

1 - 12 of 12 Posts