Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two budgies, ones albino and the other ones blue. I always thought the albino was female because it had a slightly pink cere but I couldn’t tell. The blue ones cere was always blue and I thought it was a male but today when I researched i found that light blue ceres are most likely female and my bird is only 14 months old. One of them laid an egg say about a week or a week and a half ago and I didn’t see which one it was. The egg was unfortunately cracked badly. They haven’t laid another since and I’m starting to worry if it’s egg binding. My budgie always puts its tail up and down always but slightly. It has always started breathing heavily and putting its tail up and down a lot when its nervous I think. But its done this before it laid the egg. I don’t know why it laid one egg nor why it bops its tail. Also if it’s relevant the blue (the one that might be a female) always moves away from the albino because it tried biting it sometimes. They preen next to each other and the blue one has attempted to preen the albino but hasn’t had success because it gets bitten or the albino just stares. Please help me.

·
Super Moderator
4,777 Posts
Love to help where we can but we are not budgie experts. Our guys are parrotlets. You need our sister site Talk Budgies Forums They are very good with Budgies. They are also better with egg issues, our guys tend to be loners and egg laying tends to be a less problem for us than budgies which are a bit like rabbits in that regard.

here is link to something about egg binding on their site.

If you are truly concerned then go with your gut and get them to an avian vet. We can only help so much on the internet and they can do xrays and visual scans and have the experience to figure it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts