Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going away to Maine for six days and family can’t care for Pip. I’ve boarded him before at the small bird store where I got him, and I know they will take good care of him. I’m feeling kind of worried though. We are very close (too close for my liking sometimes — he’s currently snoozing on my thigh). I just picture him sitting in his sleep away cage flock calling me. He’ll probably be fine because there will be plenty of other birds around him, but Momma is concerned.

The little tyrant will probably make me pay when we get home.

Anybody else ever have bird separation anxiety.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Your buddy will be just fine. Ive boarded my Huey at our local store before, he was fine. I just asked a friend to watch Sunshine as we are going away. I can take him but he will be in the cage for a week not coming out so maybe he would be happier being in his big cage and not coming out.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I think Pip will do fine. Make sure you leave great instructions for the store to follow. Pip must not be near other birds due to diseases that may be around. Put a long piece of millet spray inside Pip's cage. Attach it to the side of the cage near a perch. Have a safe trip! Pip will probably tell you all about it when you get back.

Dave

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reassurances. And you are right about one thing; I’ll hear all about it when I get him home.
😝
GrandmaLil

·
Super Moderator
4,781 Posts
Jules always got to say with my mother when we traveled. We were much more traumatized than she was by the travel

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pip usually stays with my grandson. I know he’s okay there because he gets to be outside of his cage much of the time. The family is busy though, so this time it is birdie camp.
Most of the time I take Pip with me. He’s pretty good with road trips, but this time involves a hotel stay at the other end, so no go for the little guy.

·
Registered
462 Posts
He will do fine but I totally get it... boarded Monty for the weekend because my parents are coming on the trip with us (usually he goes to them) and I don't trust anyone else except these guys and my parents and I already miss him so much. It makes me sad thinking about the lack of his particular night night routine and morning breakfast!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts