Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can my p’let get sick if I bring my hummingbird feeder inside to wash it? I’m thinking if a Hummingbird is sick and drinks from the feeder could Willie breath in the germs?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I bring in my feeders to wash in the sink and I walk right past Monty with them and he's always been fine. I wouldn't worry too much about it - better to bring the in and clean them to prevent spread of disease anyway!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I always bring my hummer feeders in to wash and have never had any issues. Kiwi isn’t around them when I do. I am guessing she would think they were evil anyway and try frantically to get away from them - LOL. I wouldn’t worry about any airborne germs that would somehow come off the feeder.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I agree with Aqueilo and Jackie, I doubt there is anything to worry about.

Just thought I would share this. A few years back a hummingbird made a nest on my windchime. Hummingbirds were my number one favorite bird until I got a...how many guesses do you need? lol Sorry the pic is so blurry, I had a old phone at the time and had to take it through the sliding glass door.
Wood Circle Flooring Beige Metal

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Wow Anya!! That’s incredible!! I have hummers here but I have never seen their tiny nests. How cool is that? Thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts