Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s quite easy, actually, dispite how similar they look, avi has more blue behind her eye, and is more skittish but kinder and more willing to step up on your finger, Kiwi is all green, no blue, is less skittish, fisty, likes exploring, and is picky about who she steps up on (idk but they like mostly females with long to medium hair length and wearing hoodies, I tamed them so they step up on me the most)

anyway, I made this because so many ppl ask me irl how I tell the difference between them.

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
That is funny! I would like to see some photos of the two of them, I may have missed them if there are other photos on the forum. I don't think people realize how intimately we are acquainted with the small differences in our birds! I do believe that if my birds were in a flock of species that all were the same mutation I would definitely be able to pick out the bird that was mine. Even if it comes down to just one or two feathers that are unique on their body or placement or their personalities how they move, the specific sounds that they make they are unique and personal. It's kind of like asking a parent how they tell their twins apart, to them even if they are identical they look like two completely different people.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is funny! I would like to see some photos of the two of them, I may have missed them if there are other photos on the forum. I don't think people realize how intimately we are acquainted with the small differences in our birds! I do believe that if my birds were in a flock of species that all were the same mutation I would definitely be able to pick out the bird that was mine. Even if it comes down to just one or two feathers that are unique on their body or placement or their personalities how they move, the specific sounds that they make they are unique and personal. It's kind of like asking a parent how they tell their twins apart, to them even if they are identical they look like two completely different people.

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
They are adorable! I love their names, I had a green parakeet ad a child I named him Kiwi too!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts