Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Willie likes to play with tissues. I put one in his cage to keep him off the floor to want to mate with things on the floor but whenever my hand comes near him when he has a tissue he bites! I also give him a tissue when I’m going out. Something tells me I’m gonna have not give him tissues anymore to keep him from being hormonal.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Willie likes to play with tissues. I put one in his cage to keep him off the floor to want to mate with things on the floor but whenever my hand comes near him when he has a tissue he bites! I also give him a tissue when I’m going out. Something tells me I’m gonna have not give him tissues anymore to keep him from being hormonal.
Im not sure anything we do will keep them from being hormonal. You can remove items that he "likes" or stimulates behaviors but IMO the feelings will still be there. he will just be grumpy for a while. It will pass. My Huey was a horney little guy. Im thinking Sunshine is still too young.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Willie will be hormonal for a while, then get calmer. But, he will, from time to time, get hormonal again. If you see him guarding a certain thing and won't let your hands near it, then remove that item! His sex escapades will eventually calm down. During his hormonal times, do not play with him by touching him or challenging him to ' play fight ' or do anything to get him excited.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
5,053 Posts
Tumi is a tissue lover! Honestly, unless you give up tissues, paper towels, and toilet paper you will find it hard to remove them from him. I use them like they are treats to motivate him, and it seems to work. He is sitting calmly on me, and we have a tissue right beside him always. Maybe you can get to that sort of happy situation. It helps that tissues are disposable, so it can't be a particular tissue he focuses on but instead the concept.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tumi is a tissue lover! Honestly, unless you give up tissues, paper towels, and toilet paper you will find it hard to remove them from him. I use them like they are treats to motivate him, and it seems to work. He is sitting calmly on me, and we have a tissue right beside him always. Maybe you can get to that sort of happy situation. It helps that tissues are disposable, so it can't be a particular tissue he focuses on but instead the concept.
if I have a tissue near me Willie will bite to protect it. ☹

1 - 5 of 5 Posts