Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
My bird loves to "fall" to the floor, too. I thought it was because she likes the cats. (She is never allowed to remain on the floor.) She hasn't shown interest in toes, but she adores grooming around people's fingencnils for them. She wants to remove every trace of dry skin. She will get over enthusiastic, though and get live skin, so I have to tell her when to stop.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Kiwi likes to fly in people's faces it seems. He flew into parents', dog's, cat's, and sister's face already... but not in mine yet. He flies on my sholder rather than my face... I love my Kiwi. LOL!

Also, he loves my shirts... it bites and chews on them. But sometimes he gets the skin. It stinkin' hurts! He's starting to put holes in my old shirts (I dont wear my new shirts when I am at home just loungng around).

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Chipper doesn't ever want to be on the floor. I'm glad because that is one way Parrot's get killed so I think it is really dangerous.

She sits on my shoulder or the front of my shirt, she loves that!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I have two floor birds – they love to forage around on the floor [but I don’t] – The male is the one who started it and funny enough it was right after I got my female who couldn’t fly – he’d fly to the floor and call for her to follow – she jumps and crash lands. I always pick them up and back to their play stand as they have started to bite at the baseboards – the baseboards are painted a NO NO :eek:

But they continue to fly to the floor and I continue to pick them up – :mad:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yes, I always pick mine up right away when she gets on the floor because it is so dangerous. She did fly down once just as someone was taking a step, and she would have been crushed. There wasn't even time to utter a sound, but I was able to touch the person so that the step was incomplete. Already the bird was letting out an awful squawk as the shoe had her tail and part of her side and rump, I think. She survived just fine, but she did not learn that it is dangerous to be on the floor. It seems that parrotlets have no idea that they are little...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Kismet loves the floor, he has no problem running around on it.

When he was a baby, a fellow chick mate bit one of his feet and he has two malformed toes. When he runs around on the floor (he doesn't just walk, he really runs), he has this adorable little skip to his step!
Always supervised, though. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts