Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. I just found this Parrotlet forum while doing a google. I belong to a couple of other bird forums. I am so excited there is a forum just for Parrotlets. I have a blue Pacific Parrotlet. His name is Tommaso. His DOB was Feb. 1st 2006. I purchased him from a breeder at 8 weeks old. He is now
15 months old. He has been a blessing to our family. He's got a large cage and comes out everyday to play. I am looking forward to reading about everybody's Parrotlet.

Morena

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi my name is Sue Ann. I'm a recent parrotlet Mom myself. I've had mine for about 3 weeks. The first day I got him he was so sweet. He would sit on my finger and learned to step-up instantly. The next morning I got up and went to get him out of the cage and he bit me ferociously and drew blood. I have slowly gotten him to bite "less" but he doesn't seem to want anything to do with me. He chirps when I leave the room, but still doesn't enjoy being handled. I got a clicker today and now just need to learn how to use it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, I had the same experience. At the bird store, my Pablo seemed much more comfortable than when he came home. I was surprised by that too. But I chalked that up to being in a new place, with new people, away from his sister, etc. We have had him since Memorial Day weekend and we have made tremendous progress. I have taken him out everyday to bond, even when he seemed a bit afraid to come out of his cage. Once away from the cage he did much better. Now he will step out of the cage with the cage right there and not choose to go back in- choose to sit with me instead. We spoil him with treats and lots of love and he his coming around. He is moody though. Better later in the day than first thing in the morning! And lots of sleep does seem to help. Good luck. He has been worth it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Morena,

Welcome aboard! Great picture by the way, can you post a larger version?

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everyone, thanks for the welcome.

Art S., Glad you like Tommaso's inflight picture. You asked if I can get the picture of tommaso larger. I did upload it in the Parrotlet Gallery. I couldn't get it bigger on my post, but if you go to the Parrotlet Gallery and click on the picture, it will enlarge.

Morena

1 - 12 of 12 Posts