Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi im new im from the other form from here and
one day i wish to have a parolett but i would like to have years of experiance first my names alicia im 12 yers old and i have 2 budgies and i hope one day to have a parrolett

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Hi alicia,

Welcome. Read the threads on this site, they should give you an idea of what parrotlets are like.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hi Alicia, Also I would suggest that you search online for articles about parrotlets. Bitsy is my first parrotlet. He is a sweetie, but I'm finding him to be far more challenging (and far more fun too!) than the budgies I have had in the past. I did lots of reading before getting him -- I would suggest you read everything you can find.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey alicia! yes they are holdable. They especially love to sit up on your shoulder, close to your hair. They love to be scratched around their little necks. They are very friendly, but just like with most animals, you have to build a friendship bond with them. They can (and do) bite, but you can teach them not to. -spasticat

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I had hand-tamed budgies in the past----I loved them dearly. If I could, I'd definitely get a hand-tamed budgie again. They are the perfect pet.
Ollie can be a challenge, and I have to be careful not to get in his cross-hairs. Early morning & later afternoon he is much more social and agreeable. that's when he is the most fun. I also have an untamed budgie. He is sweet and they are buddies, good company for each other. Best to you.

·
Registered
11,181 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Any parrot is holdable, so yes to parrotlets. But each bird is an individual and parrotlets are known for their independent attitude, so they love their scritches and pets, but usually on their terms :)

·
Premium Member
12,210 Posts
Guys this is from 2007!!! I don't think this person is on anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts