Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. I have just purchased an adorable blue male parrotlet and am just waiting for him to be weaned enough to come home. I have several pets, but no birds. In fact, I have always been wary around birds, until I saw a blue parrotlet that belonged to the pet shop owner. He had such a huge personality and the fact that they talk, but not extremely loud and obnoxiously was a big plus too. In talking to her, she mentioned she had a new clutch with one blue male if I was interested. I then proceeded to do a bunch of research (this forum has been a huge help) before agreeing to purchase this bird. Seeing as they have such long life spans, I didn't want to make a decision in haste. I visit him at the pet shop several times a week to bond and get to know him. There is still so much I have to learn. I am hoping y'all will be there to answer the stupid questions I am sure to ask once I get him home. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hey artistnut! Welcome to the site :) . I'm glad you've found out site useful thus far in your journey. Hopefully we'll be able to help you out later on down the road too. :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
welcome glad to have you here. good job ...doing your homework, you should post to see what his needs will be when you get him home, you will get some wondeful advise to make the transistion for him easier and healthier and safer...good luck.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Welcome and Congratulations on your new P’let. I’m sure the wait will be the worst part for you. I’m sure you will get some good information here and probably need it as these guys can by a handful [in a good way of course] :D Keep us posted when you get him home.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the Warm Welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome. I should be able to bring Picasso home this next Tuesday. I keep meaning to take the camera with me to the pet shop so that I can get a picture for y'all, but when I get home after work on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I am so excited to go see him that I leave the camera behind every time. I promise to post his pic as soon as I get him home. Every time I see him, he gets more & more colorful.

It's interesting to watch his different moods. There are times I go in there and all he wants to do is cuddle, other times, he just wants to sit on my shoulder, and then there are times like last night where he is feisty and climbs all over me. Although he did calm down after about 10 minutes or so. Last night when I went to hand him back to the pet store owner to put him back into his cage, he snubbed her and ran back up to my shoulder. It took a couple "step-up's" but he finally went to her. In the beginning, it was the other way around, so I assume he is bonding with me. I was so happy about that. Hopefully it will be like that once he gets home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts