Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what i've seen, I haven't heard much about your boy and your little girl. How are they getting along? All is well? Are they bonding well together? Tell us! :)

(or maybe i missed any recent updates all together!)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Azale, Thanks for asking: :)

They are doing really-really well. They’ve bonded and do not like to be out of each other sight. Its great to watch them interact with each other – they have a very interesting language together, sounds he never made when a single bird – he also never lets her utter a sound without him responding and of course he thinks its his job to drown her out :D

He has calmed down 10 fold since her arrival. Before he was always calling for someone to go to him and take him out – then his ‘over bonding’ with the toy he became very agitated and frustrated. But with her by his side, he is content to sit in his cage next her hers and they speak softly to each other through the bars and groom at the same time and eat at the same time – they mirror each other :) - of course he still has his ‘vocal’ moments but nothing like he was.

She has come out of her shell and is very active – she plays much more than he did when he was the same age. She is also coming along with her taming. Although she was hand raised [or hand fed] she was not very tame. But she is very comfortable with us now and will come right up to the bars when talked to – she also will step-up onto a towel and ride around on my shoulder. She is becoming more comfortable with hands although she will not-step up onto hands yet. She will nibble my fingers through the bars of her cage and did voluntarily step onto hand when he was sitting on it. That I was very excited about [yes, I need to get a life :p ]

I’m just waiting for her molt and her wings to grow in so they can be kept together full time.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Maybe cause she's a little baby she will copycat him. He's still dreamy for her ? You know she will probably bond to him but you know I wouldn't even care,if they bond to you totally,the days when life is so busy and they don't get the attention they need then I feel bad. I have four dogs and Bitsey Jo and sometimes to give everyone their time they deserve is hard. Everyone wants to be with MaMa(that's me of course) and sometimes MaMa is so tired or I have lots of chores. What a world what a world......

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Memmey - you hit that one on the head :D - She copies everything he does and follows him around like a duckling :p

I can relate to your comment about 'time' - phew, there just isn't enough :eek:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The nun made her do it! :D That's my story and I'm sticking to it...:cool:

Get her a female friend - they're tougher! ;)

Regards,

Art S.

PS. I'm not being serious - lets see what happens once Pados birds are a little older.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts