Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received my late Christmas present from my mother-in-law on Sunday! It was a little 8 week old Pacific Parrotlet! My mother-in-law has been breeding conures for a few years now and has just started breeding parrotlets. My present was from her first clutch! He is SOOOO sweet. We named him Ozzie since he looks like he's from the Emerald City. :D

He doesn't know what to think of his two big brothers, Merlin, an African Grey and Nova, a sun conure. Though yesterday, he did start singing to Nova when he came over to check him out.

I will get my camera out tonight a take some pictures of him.

It's always nice to find a forum of people with the same love of birds! :)

~Ramona

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First Pictures of Ozzie

Well, I finally got the camera out and took some pictures of Ozzie. Didn't get him with Nova or Merlin. Merlin, my Africian Grey, just doesn't seem to want to hang out with the other birds. I guess he thinks he's above them! :p

But here is Ozzie's coming out picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome!!

Really, I think that's the *best* present ever! :D Of course, I don't condone giving pets for gifts but obviously you were prepared for Ozzie.

You'll enjoy him lots!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My kids had a hamster once that spent sometime at a friends house when we went on vacation. The friends hamster and our got very friendly! We'll just leave it at that..... Numerous teachers at the kid school got hamsters with cages and food for Xmas from us that year! :p

But yes, I was ready for Ozzie. I had ask for him as soon as I found out that my mother-in-law got a breeding pair of P'lets! Anytime I went to our local Bird Fair for the last few years, my hubby had to pull me away from the P'lets. It wasn't a pretty site a grown woman screaming and crying!!! "But please... just ONE MORE bird!!! Please..... it will be my last one!!!" LOL!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts