Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
You may remember me joining a few weeks ago and telling you all that after loosing my darling Brucie that I was getting a new baby.
Well, today I picked him up from the breeders. He's a 9 week old male and I've called him Mooncake.
He's only been home a few hours but he's eating some seeds and exploring his new cage and toys. He's given himself a good clean and I've heard a few tiny chirps. He seems happy.
I can't wait to start training with him once he's settled in.
I thought you might want to see a little picture. I'll get some more once he's settled in. I'm so happy and excited. It's so lovely to have a bird back in the house.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Oh, let me be the first to say congratulations on your new baby! I love him. He is absolutely adorable. I wish you and Mooncake many happy years together! Love his name, by the way...

·
Super Moderator
5,044 Posts
Mooncake is such an adorable bird! Congratulations, and welcome back to the parrotlet-owned group. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, let me be the first to say congratulations on your new baby! I love him. He is absolutely adorable. I wish you and Mooncake many happy years together! Love his name, by the way...
Thank you so much ❤ I'm so excited. He's such a sweetie. I can't stop looking at him. I'm glad you like his name. I've got to get used to not saying Brucie when I talk to him. 😊

·
Registered
856 Posts
Thank you so much ❤ I'm so excited. He's such a sweetie. I can't stop looking at him. I'm glad you like his name. I've got to get used to not saying Brucie when I talk to him. 😊
That is great that he is settling in so well. Yes, I really like his name!!! It will take a while to stop saying Brucie - that is perfectly normal. ;) Make sure he has millet in his cage 24/7 - it is very good for baby birds. Keep us informed on how he is doing. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is great that he is settling in so well. Yes, I really like his name!!! It will take a while to stop saying Brucie - that is perfectly normal. ;) Make sure he has millet in his cage 24/7 - it is very good for baby birds. Keep us informed on how he is doing. :)
I will do. He's got millet in there and some seeds. I'll start offering veg too. Will keep you updated 😊

·
Super Moderator
4,566 Posts
Pretty bird, He already looks happy.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
He is sure a darling! He looks very healthy, too! Spend a lot of time talking with him. Give Mooncake a Kissy Kiss from David and Vicki ! 🦜🦜

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He is sure a darling! He looks very healthy, too! Spend a lot of time talking with him. Give Mooncake a Kissy Kiss from David and Vicki ! 🦜🦜
He is such a little darling. I can't stop talking to him, he's being a bit more vocal today which is great. I will give him some kisses from you 😊

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats! I just brought my first parrotlet baby home today! When is it good to start handling them. I don't think she is ready for it yet...

Meet Maisie...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats! I just brought my first parrotlet baby home today! When is it good to start handling them. I don't think she is ready for it yet...

Meet Maisie...

View attachment 46659
Aww so cute 😍 what a beauty.
I'm taking it really slowly. This is my 2nd parrotlet so I'm a bit rusty but as far as I'm aware you need to just let them come to you rather than forcing them to be handled. Just let the bird get used to your hand being in the cage using treats like millet. That's what I'm doing anyway. Good luck with your new bird.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts