Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

He's happy

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  nar1122 
#1 ·
The past few days, I have been taking Oscar (cage and all) to work with me. And since I just sit in a classroom teaching, he gets to come out and play. He flies around to each persons little desk, and just watches them. Its quite fun. He seems like a much happier little bird.
And, at home, I moved his cage into my office, because thats where I spend most of my time. He loves it!

:):):)

#4 ·
Kinda. I disinfect the classroom before and after each class.
And I make sure hes eating a lot of food, and I give him millet. So he has energy and his body can succesfully fight anything off.
At night, at home, I am borrowing an air humidifier, and use that, to help him breathe better to prevent any respiratory infections.
I wasnt so sure it was a good idea to take him. But I oly did it yesterday, and of course today.
But not next week.
What do you think about it?

#5 ·
I use to take my Senegal to work (until she got too loud, usually when the phone rang) she never had any problem - I think they get use to it.

Just make sure the students don't give her any food they shouldn't or let her bite on their pencils or something :D

#11 ·
It sounds like you are melding your two worlds together, and like any partnership there are bumps along the way. I think that you are taking good precautions and that Oscar seems to be benefitting from this new lifestyle. Good Luck and keep us posted on how he is doing:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.