Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Parrotlet people,

My girl.solo parrotlet is laying eggs. She has no partner! She has laid 2 eggs with in 3 days. What do I do? Help! Thanks. I need advice asap

·
Super Moderator
4,893 Posts
it happens and is tends to be more traumatic for us owners than for the bird.
First thing do not be surprised if you bird becomes a little terror during this time
Also you need to leave the eggs or replace them. Preferably is to replace them. Her body has a set number of eggs it wants and they tend to keep to that schedule.
Most people get dummy eggs and replace to keep them from being broke, going bad and health issues.
one example of such a site is DummyEggs.com, Dummy Eggs Help Stop Egg Laying in Pet Birds! Fake Eggs, Solid Plastic Eggs in all sizes.
Also make sure to get and feed food for breeding birds. Lots of protein lots of calcium. She is going to need it to stay healthy and go though this cycle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.so.much. I am traumatized
because I'm so worried. Thank u.
This soon shall pass! Shes been biting me which now makes sense.i will order the dummy eggs and get calcium supplement asap from avian vet. I so appreciate your supportive advice ❤

·
Super Moderator
4,893 Posts
Thanks.so.much. I am traumatized
because I'm so worried. Thank u.
This soon shall pass! Shes been biting me which now makes sense.i will order the dummy eggs and get calcium supplement asap from avian vet. I so appreciate your supportive advice ❤
glad to be of help. It is a big deal to us owners that spoil our little ones. Just remember this is how nature works and what she is designed to do. So chance are she will be fine.

once you get through this we have a couple post to help it from happening again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She laid another egg last nite! That's 4 now. I called Cammies avian vet tech, and she told me to remove the other eggs. I knew I shouldnt have.

Do you think the 4th egg will be last one? I'm going to leave it. Help, im stressing

·
Registered
9 Posts
it happens and is tends to be more traumatic for us owners than for the bird.
First thing do not be surprised if you bird becomes a little terror during this time
Also you need to leave the eggs or replace them. Preferably is to replace them. Her body has a set number of eggs it wants and they tend to keep to that schedule.
Most people get dummy eggs and replace to keep them from being broke, going bad and health issues.
one example of such a site is DummyEggs.com, Dummy Eggs Help Stop Egg Laying in Pet Birds! Fake Eggs, Solid Plastic Eggs in all sizes.
Also make sure to get and feed food for breeding birds. Lots of protein lots of calcium. She is going to need it to stay healthy and go though this cycle.
My baby laid 13 eggs. Just hang in there

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, thank you for checking. She is doing great. No more eggs were laid. I'm so glad everything is back to normal. She's not biting me anymore either!

I got so stressed! Thanks for all the helpful advice. Thankful for this forum🙏💜🐦

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
My baby laid 15 eggs. I left some and removed some. Make sure she has calcium and good seeds. Your baby will come thru this. It is harder on you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
15! Oh my goodness! Thank you for support on here. I've been shocked at the entire situation. I cannot imagine 15 eggs!

🎄God bless and Happy Holidays to you and your fine feathery babies!🎄

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts