Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this site and am thrilled to find a place to share thoughts and experiences about these unique little parrots. I have posted a pic of my one year old celestial named "Wendell". I have had him since he was 11 weeks old. From what I have researched, parrotlets are not known for their talking ability, but at one year, Wendell has learned about 50 words and approximately 10 or so phrases. He seldom makes "bird sounds", preferring to talk constantly. He seems to be able to mimic words rather than learning by repetition, sometimes saying things that he has only been exposed to for a couple of days. His favorite expressions to date are: "scratch my head", that's good", "treats!", "you are the prettiest bird in the whole world", "good morning", "come here you", and "want to come out". I look forward to hearing about other parrotlet owners experiences, especially about talking.
Stephen

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hey Stephen! Welcome to the site :) . Congratulations on Wendell learning so many words! That's awesome. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow! what a smart little guy you have! My toby has 3 phrases he says, but since we got him a female, he only talks when she is on her nest.:( I guess I am now his "stand by".;)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hi Stephen WELCOME ...Mr. Wendal is a good looking fella. There is a alot of nice people here, welcome aboard!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts