Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I found this site while searching for help on parrotlets with google. I just got my first every parrotlet four days ago! I got him at a pet store. I was originally going to go to a breeder, but I felt so sorry for the little birds at the store..they were in an open area where anyone could just poke and grab at them. It just didn't seem right to me.

Being totally new at owning birds (my parents had a budgie when I was a child..but it never went out of the cage) I'm just struggling to make sure I do everything right for my new family member.

He is already finger trained and doesn't want to do anything but curl up behind my neck and stay there while I'm at home. Unfortunately..I work and I can't be with him as much as I would like.

I'm looking forward to talking to all of you about our favorite feathered friends!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hey Charisma! Welcome to the site :) . Sam used to like to cuddle behind into our necks as well. He'd often go into my sister's hair. :p Toward the end, when he started cuddling again, he'd always go toward our necks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Charisma!

Emmi does that too.. she burrows into my hair and quite often gets tangled there so I have to carefully pull her out again. She'll hide behind my pony tail when someone else is in the apartment with us.

I think they just feel safe there. Heh.

Angel

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Montgomery!

I got my bird at Petland in Canada. I live in Saskatchewan. I don't know how much this will help you where you are living....

Charisma

1 - 5 of 5 Posts