Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!
just thought id introduce myself (as the little note said I should) (hehe). I just bought a parrotlet about a month ago and found this site while surfing around for information on my new little critter. :) My name is Jen, and my parrotlet's name is kiwi (seems to be a popular name, and here I thought I was all original lol). She started off being quite the little handfull, but we seem to be doing better on a weekly basis. At least the lunging at me when I walk past with beak open hissing and wings fluffed has subsided... !! LMAO (I had started wondering exactly what I had gotten myself into) she will do step-ups on my fingers outside of the cage, and on top of the cage now... however we are still quite territorial inside the cage.

anyhoo, just thought Id join the board so I can share stories and maybe get some training advice!
Nice to meet you all :)
Jen

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi jen and welcome!

its nice to see our forum community getting bigger. kiwi does seem to be a popular name. my emmy isn't the only one either, there's another emmi on here.

tabitha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome everybody! :) Kathy, any ideas on what the new name will be? My kiwi is green, so I figured the name suited her.. she looked about the size of a kiwi too :) She is a little munchkin. :)

Jen

·
Registered
794 Posts
Kathy please read from memmey

I read this thread and I'm not suggesting you change little Kiwi's name. I read you were thinking of it. Kiwi's color is so striking I thought I would offer this to you and feel free to disregard. Lazuli is the most beautiful color of blue, you know lapis lazuli. lazuli...laz yoo li . A rich blue complex of minerals orginally used to produce ultramarine by the ancients, believed to be their sapphire. Lazuli can morf to yoo-li long o's check the dictionary for a better enunciation. Anyway Kiwi reminds me of ultramarine in his color, much more special than green .Ignore this if you want, I mean no disrespect best regards...memmey

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi
Welcome to the forum. That is a beautiful baby you have there. My boyfriend just found out that parrotlets come in blue and I think there will be a new addition to the family if he has his way!
Linda

1 - 6 of 6 Posts