Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unfortunately can't have any birds at the moment but if I did I would get a parrotlet. My aunt had one when I was younger and we got along quite well. I love to learn and you never know when things can change.

I do have a 10 gallon tank with a betta and will be setting up a 20 gallon long.

Hope to learn a lot and meet new friends.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Please read as much as you can about the parrotlet! Read the other forums we have in this forum. P'letts are difficult to raise at first, if you never raised one by yourself before. Open fish tanks are death traps for birds that fly loose in the room. A sink full of water is not safe for a bird.either. Open and boiling water or soup or any other food in a pot or pan is dangerous. Uncovered windows or mirrors are a no no!! So, just before you get your p'lett, make your home safe .

P'letts are great pets to have, but you really need to study up on them. Keep us posted!

David

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Facts are though is I can't get one so am kind of living though you guys. I'd rather talk to people and live through them than give a creature a less than ideal home. Plus I'd get kicked out if I brought one home. But I love listening to or reading other people's stories about them.
However all tanks will always be covered. Bettas are sometimes jumpers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome! I have had many bettas too! they are awesome little fishes, and I do second that they jump. I have a left very close to the top of my tank and I find it funny how they like to lay and rest on it! lol

I live in an apartment building and was worried about the noise level but keep them busy and you don't have to worry to much unless they get mad the all bets are off lol Hopefully in the near future you will be able to bring a funky feisty little one home!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I could afford an apartment on my own I would but I'm sharing one with my mom and she doesn't like birds, doesn't want any in her place.

Yes on my next day off I'll be setting up a second tank and looking for a crowntail betta. I also love the cory cats.

·
Super Moderator
5,044 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I definitely appreciate your commitment to giving a bird the best home by not getting one when you aren't set up for it. There are plenty of parrotlet pictures and stories (good, bad, and funny) here on the forum. Feel free to ask questions about them as well. My mom isn't crazy about birds, but fortunately I am able to have my own place and so she doesn't get a vote anymore. She still thinks that Tumi is an annoying little bitey jerk...she might be right about that, but he is also so cute and loving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts